Addressing handicapped parking violation

This is an issue I feel strongly about and it's an issue more people should be concerned about. Please, don't defend violators in this thread, start another. Houston has a program that I personally think many other metro areas and states should adopt. A friend of mine whose wife is also disabled mentioned this program a few years back. I've been told sending pictures of the violation will also work.

http://www.houstontx.gov/parking/volunteer.html

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

Re: Addressing handicapped parking violation

I have been wanting to do this as soon as I heard about it. Then life happened and it fell off the radar. This link is going to get me started.
I personally have no respect for the self righteous ass-hats that feel they are above the law (or just common decency) and park in handicap spaces.
Take this latest story for example, during the TV interview the women actually said "I have the right to park where ever I want".
No, no you don't!
I'm done.
Never confuse knowledge with intelligence.

I think there are a lot of hang tag cheaters.

I notice a lot of "handicapped" people just seem to be morbidly obese. They really should take the walk through the parking lot. Can I get a handicapped tag because I drink more than my doctor says I should?
'Sorry stupid people but there are some definite disadvantages to being stupid."

-John Cleese

Each of these events described probably harms the writer more than the law-breaker. Realize that there is no changing some other people 's actions be it illegal handicap parking or your cousin's unwavering faith in Turnip. We may think that "bad people" should all just stop because justice must prevail but that is a uniquely American fairy tale (like the Tooth Fairy) and really it ain't gonna happen. BUT the constant fixation on "bad people" and their unforgivable sins is actually slowly killing you with increased stress, blood pressure, and negativity. And if it doesn't eventually kill you by an aneurysm or cardiac arrest, you are likely practicing the mind to unleash a tide of misery unto the world like Drejka.

And really for what... For shoplifting? For parking spaces? For littering? Pretty insane when you consider it.

The only person we have the power to change is ourselves. If we love ourselves and our family members and friends the wise thing to do is learn a personal commitment to spread happiness around rather than willy-nilly harm ourselves and others with copious negativity. Yeah, what I propose is hard work but hey, better than the alternative or wasting time and energy on the impossible (trying to change others). And in truth, the hard work of personal growth is really the reason why we were born if you are the religious/spiritual type.

All that I write is especially true for those who choose to CC. Ya got to learn to have a level head when you take on that kind of responsibility: choosing to walk among a society of mental midgets armed.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi