Re: Post Your Cartoons and Yuk Yuks

HuckleberryFun wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 9:33 am 9CF383EB-121A-4C59-88E7-7BFA903A805A.jpeg

Not to lecture, but the skull of your fallen enemy is reusable and much less waste.

Icelandic translation by Sveinn Ullarson
This messed with my head.
Seeing it in Icelandic made me think I was on the wrong website and when I seen I wasn't I was wondering why I was reading it all wrong.
It took me a few seconds to wrap my head around it.

HuckleberryFun wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:55 pm
TrueTexan wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:49 pm That should be for Dodge RAM pickups.
They have their own ‘driving’ school.
I remember, close on 30 years ago, driving up the George Washington Parkway on the West/South bank of the Potomac and realizing something just wasn't right. Took me several minutes to realize that the BMW in front of me was NOT being driven by an asshole! :lol:

Now, so many people, even little old ladies and me, drive Beemers that old "I'm an asshole so Break My Windows!" doesn't really apply.

Unlike "Really big Asshole driving Me"!
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

Bucolic wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:19 pm Ahem...

You don't have a "REAL" RAM. Real RAMS are jacked up at least four feet and require a step ladder to get into the cab. Their tires stick out at least one foot pass the fenders. They are all 4X4s and have never been off road. They have dual exhaust with tail pipes at least ten inches in diameter. When they accelerate from a stoplight they leave a thick cloud of black soot and the noise sounds like a B-52 taking off heavy with full afterburners and water injection. The owner has more money tied up in the customization of the pickup than his manufactured home cost new. :D
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

SubRosa wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:09 pm My rig.

Nuff said.

Need a used terlet? :no:

Ford3.JPG

SR
When I was in the trades, we called it a "commode" and a sink was a "lavatory". Not sure why.

Funny, I was just doing some plumbing last night. Had to replace a Watts Regulator Backflow Preventer. It's for the backyard sprinklers and hose bibs and is kinda behind an HVAC duct.
watts backflow preventer.jpg
I was able to get off 2 of the 3 fittings from the sweated-on threaded fittings, but not the third. So I had to sweat it off and lock it in a vice to get the other piece off. Then I had to cleat it up and re-sweat it on. Thank all the powers-that-be for MAPP gas torches! I never could have done it with a propane torch! Did manage to set off a smoke detector (oops!) but got it done!

My usual plumber is very, very good...or was. He never returned my call so I had to do it myself. I keep doing this more and more and more. Electrical, plumbing, HVAC, pool, appliances, etc.
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."