Re: Time for a dog picture thread?

K9s wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:31 pm
YankeeTarheel wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:58 pm He looks terrific, even wearing "The Cone of Shame"!
He doesn't seem to think of it as shameful. More like antlers. He is 83 lbs, so he can pretend to be a "white tail deer" with the other dogs. He is doing much better than I thought he would.
Dincha ever see "Up!"? :clap2:
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

eelj wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:41 pm
K9s wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:39 pm Jester a few days after cancerous mass removal. Looks pretty good for almost 13.
Was it mast cell cancer? Our chihuahua had one removed 3 years ago and is doing fine.
The vet actually said he had never seen anything like it before and to wait for lab results. It wasn't fat or foreign and it wasn't what they expected.
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

This is our new Bullmastiff. He came home yesterday. He is 16.5 pounds and about 8.5 weeks old. He will grow to about 150 pounds. He is a smart little guy. So far, no potty mistakes and, best of all, he slept through the night last night. He is hard to photograph since he is a dark brindle but I attach a couple images below.

He has a great personality and is very sweet. We bathed him this morning. Not his favorite activity so far. We are over the moon with him. Assuming he develops like we think he will, he will be shown in conformation and obedience and may become a registered therapy dog.

What a handsome fellow! He certainly has a real look of intelligence about him. And looks like all he wants to do is please you!

Just remember one thing about young dogs, and rescues: When they seem to be giving you a hard time, it's really because THEY are having a hard time. Different perspective.

Good luck with him and I hope you have many, many happy years together!
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

featureless wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:51 pm
BungalowBill wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:28 pm Cats > dogs
I used to think so as well. My preference is cats, but I will be just heartbroken when our little dog's time is up.
Huskies are a LOT like cats. Best of both worlds with no litterbox. :)
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

I love our cats but compared to dogs...there's just no comparison. If I could only have one, I'd be happy with either, but I'd prefer a dog.
My wife (an avid cat lover--we always have 2) used to say "Cats think about 3 things: Food, sex, and...nothing. If you neuter them, that leaves food."
There is just so much more communication between humans and dogs and I'm stopping to pet both the dog and one of the cats right now!

Jake got his first heart worn killer shot this past Saturday. In another 30 days he goes in for 2 more - 1 then 1 24 hrs. later and will stay at vets for minimum of two days. This is a back muscle shot, so they shaved an area about 2.5" x 4" towards tail. He appeared to have some pain and area was swollen a bit, but back to normal. His appetite as dropped off - still eats just not as much.
"Being Republican is more than a difference of opinion - it's a character flaw." "COVID can fix STUPID!"
The greatest, most aggrieved mistake EVER made in USA was electing DJT as POTUS.

Wino wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:52 pm Jake got his first heart worn killer shot this past Saturday. In another 30 days he goes in for 2 more - 1 then 1 24 hrs. later and will stay at vets for minimum of two days. This is a back muscle shot, so they shaved an area about 2.5" x 4" towards tail. He appeared to have some pain and area was swollen a bit, but back to normal. His appetite as dropped off - still eats just not as much.
Jake got his spa weekend at vets. Got first shot Saturady morning and second Sunday morning. I picked him up at vet around 8 PM. Neither of us slept worth a crap last night. He's hurting, lethargic, and I think, pissed off at me. He was fairly dazed and confused thru late morning today. It was so bad I had my daughter come stay with him while I had to meet with customer at his site. By the time I got home she had him happy again (albeit white hair everywhere - Lordy that boy sheds). Still sore but at least moire friendly. Guessing he didn't enjoy being poisoned. Now for 4 weeks no excercise or excitement. Then six months test for heart worms to see if successful treatment.

Cost so far in excess of $2K. I higly recommend you dose your dogs year round with heartworm meds. This is most expensive free dog I've ever had. But damn !! He's worth it!! :love:
"Being Republican is more than a difference of opinion - it's a character flaw." "COVID can fix STUPID!"
The greatest, most aggrieved mistake EVER made in USA was electing DJT as POTUS.

Bucolic wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:27 am This is our new Bullmastiff. He came home yesterday. He is 16.5 pounds and about 8.5 weeks old. He will grow to about 150 pounds. He is a smart little guy. So far, no potty mistakes and, best of all, he slept through the night last night. He is hard to photograph since he is a dark brindle but I attach a couple images below.

He has a great personality and is very sweet. We bathed him this morning. Not his favorite activity so far. We are over the moon with him. Assuming he develops like we think he will, he will be shown in conformation and obedience and may become a registered therapy dog.

Hey, Bucolic! How's that cute pup doing?

I smile at that! Belgians are known for stubborness as well. And boundless energy if you don't give them a job. We had one girl who loved to romp in the woods. As soon as she figured out we were on a path home, she'd act like her legs were broke. I constantly had to find new paths home so she wouldn't stall! Died 20 years ago and I still miss her more than any other.