Re: New SARS type virus spreading in China

tonguengroover wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 4:03 pm The wifey just tested positive. She was congested and hacking yesterday right before THE GRANDKIDS LEFT to head back to Phoenix. Had to head home from work.
She thought it was some crud, but nope. Positive!
I just did a home test which came back negative! For now anyways. Forgot how long the incubation period is before you test positive.
It's shorter with every variant. You should probably test every couple of days until she's in the clear. Hope you're all well soon.

Thanks! The doc put her on a script of Paxlovid. Seems to be a popular anti-viral. There was a news report on it yesterday saying it's not 100% effective and people taking it may still spread the virus plus they may rebound shortly after finishing the script. hmmm.
Coronavirus can be contagious during a Paxlovid rebound, researchers warn, even if people don't have symptoms
https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/31/health/p ... index.html
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing,”

I tested positive last week, and I had to quarantine for five days. Fortunately, my symptoms were mild (at worst, it felt like a bad cold). Granted, I have had three doses of the Moderna vaccine, and in spite of being a little overweight, I exercise regularly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"I have been saying for some time now that America only has one party - the property party. It's the party of big corporations, the party of money. It has two right-wings; one is Democrat and the other is Republican."
-Gore Vidal

highdesert wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 5:45 am TG, glad you wife is doing better. Did she have any bad reactions to the Paxlovid? Home tests are good but with so many variants it's impossible to know which variant one had without a PCR test. This is probably our life from now on.
THX, no bad reactions to Paxlovid. But I heard it is not good to take if you have liver problems.
I've been using the Flowflex antigen tests that the wife used. We also have a few Labcorp and BinexNow tests.
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing,”

Lately I've had all the symptoms of Covid-19 but the two home Covid test I've taken both came up as not covid.

So..

two little chillun
laying in bed
one of them sick
and the other most dead

called the doctor
and the doctor said

"Your old!"
To be vintage it must be older than me!
The next gun I buy will be the next to last gun I ever buy. PROMISE!
jim

Take care sig230.

Hopefully our current COVID mRNA vaccines will keep protecting us. The scary part is the variants are increasing and we could get to the point where our vaccines aren't working and hospitalizations and deaths increase again. Hope the FDA, CDC and vaccine makers are on top of it.

There are cases of monkeypox being reported. Those vaccinated for smallpox should be protected per CDC. I got the smallpox vaccine many years ago.
https://www.cdc.gov/poxvirus/monkeypox/ ... ccine.html
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

tonguengroover wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 10:33 am Well thats great. Is it the flu or what?

I still have no symptoms. Hard to imagine me not getting it after swapping spit, showering and sleeping next to the wife with covid monsters flying about.
Similar happened to us. We're vaxxed, and she tested positive. No symptoms. I tested negative twice, a month apart. Go figure.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

Moderna announced new data on Wednesday suggesting a new version of its COVID-19 vaccine will offer superior protection to its original formulation of shots, based on studying antibodies generated by their new boosters in blood samples of trial participants. The company said in a release that it plans to submit its data to the Food and Drug Administration in the coming weeks. If the FDA signs off, doses of the updated vaccine and boosters could be ready to ship "as early as August." Moderna's announcement comes ahead of a meeting of the regulator's outside vaccine advisers, scheduled for later this month, that will weigh key decisions around potential changes to COVID-19 boosters that may be administered this fall.
Moderna's data comes from testing a 50 microgram "bivalent" version of its vaccine. Unlike the current "monovalent" version of the vaccine, which was designed to target the original "ancestral" strain of the virus, Moderna's new booster doses will add in a version of its vaccine targeted to the Omicron variant.
Pfizer and its partner BioNTech also say they are testing new versions of their COVID-19 vaccine. The FDA has asked to see those results ahead of the meeting of FDA's Vaccines and Related Biological Products Advisory Committee (VRBPAC) later this month.
But, federal health officials have said they hope a bivalent approach might offer broader protection. The mix of vaccines might guard against not just Omicron but also future variants of concern that are expected to drive a fall and winter wave of infections.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/covid-vacc ... ntibodies/
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Brother-in-Law tested positive for Covid-19. He's had all his shots and boosters and so not feeling all that bad. His doctor also put him on an antiviral. My sister has not tested positive yet.

But of course, his test results came in on their first day of vacation.
To be vintage it must be older than me!
The next gun I buy will be the next to last gun I ever buy. PROMISE!
jim

CDFingers wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 1:44 pm My mom was a Depression Era kid born 1927. When I was a kid and had a toothache, I got a shot of brandy. I blame my mom. Or thank my mom, one.

CDFingers
My grandma gave me cognac to get my appetite up. She was a sweetie, sort of. She'd mix it in a lemon egg drink, it was delicious.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.