Re: The view from quarantine

Bad thing about not commuting... I don't get to see the wisteria and other flowering stuff across the area that make pollen bearable. When this ends, the heat will return and the flowers will be gone.
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

Re: The view from quarantine

K9s wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:45 am see the wisteria and other flowering stuff
i walk the dog most every day, see some odd stuff, wisteria, white squirrels, this:
IMG_0476.jpg
2020 feel the bern!

a little background. this little town sits along the railroad, just north of salisbury, NC, which used to be called the "crossroads of the west". daniel boone was here in the yadkin valley, and Boone's Cave is just across the river. before the railroad, it was the old wagon road, and G. Washington passed through on his final US tour. about 1890 the railroad put in a repair facility and roundhouse, and that's now the NC transportation museum. https://www.nctrans.org/?fbclid=IwAR2KV ... sI02y9x3Dg. it's a quiet little working-class town full of 100 year old houses, ethically mixed. we have a grocery store, a fast-food restaurant, a couple of auto repair shops couple of hairdressers, a jeweller, and fortunately for me, no gun shops!
i'm retired. what's your excuse?