Al Jazeera Live - World news

So this is where I get my news now. They actually have real world news and not just stuck on American politics 24/7 like CNN and MSNBC or Fox if you can stand it. That drives me nuts.
Yes, they do show some of the more important U.S. political news but not all that much. When the wifey and I were in Oaxaca, Oaxaca last November ( large Mexican wedding) the only news was from Al Jazeera and in English broadcast from San Francisco. What a refreshing change. There is a lot of important things going on in the world than just our politics.
I also like Bloomberg Television for some business news.

https://www.aljazeera.com/live/
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing,”

Re: Al Jazeera Live - World news

I like PBS, it tries to stay neutral because it's the public TV broadcaster in the US and it gets government funding from the Corporation for Public Broadcasting. NPR is a public/private corporation which gets funding from CPB. I remember that after 9/11 the only US network with the most contacts around the world was NPR, the TV and radio networks had closed their offices and gave up contracting local reporters, but that quickly changed.

Driving by the Golden Arches reminds me of Joan Kroc who was the widow of Ray Kroc, the founder of that original fast food chain. In her will she left $200 million to NPR and money to the local PBS and NPR stations, call sign KPBS San Diego. She'd quote her husband who said roughly, "you never see an armored car following a hearse, you can't take it with you."

Aljazeera is about the closest thing to a Western type newspaper and broadcaster that exists in the Arab world. It's owned by Qatar an absolute monarchy, but it has a certain amount of independence from the government. The English language side seems to have a lot of British and American journalists.

The main international one that I read is the BBC, it's the world's original public broadcaster founded in 1922, it's a crown corporation which means it's an independent entity with government funding. They were part of a once huge empire now the Commonwealth and they broadcast in many languages around the world. Qatar was part of the British empire and the current Emir was educated in Britain.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Yup, PBS is also good. I listen to NPR on my truck radio that has XM. XM is great for long trips. I switch back and forth between Outlaw Country station and NPR.
I used to like the Christian Science Monitor. They seem to have fallen by the wayside. Great journalism as well.
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing,”

I too have XM, it was on the car when I bought it. I've kept it because it is great on long trips when radio signals are intermittent. Other than that I'd get rid of it, it's probably fine on the East Coast or parts of the Midwest or South, but their programming runs on Eastern time and it sucks on the West Coast. I refuse to get up at 3 am to listen to a program and maybe call in. It's very provincial and they don't seem to care.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan