UK PM BoJo and his girlfriend got married secretly.

[
Prime Minister Boris Johnson has married his fiancee Carrie Symonds in a secretly-planned wedding at Westminster Cathedral. The marriage took place in a "small ceremony" on Saturday afternoon, a Downing Street spokesman said.

The spokesman added that the couple would celebrate again with family and friends next summer, with their honeymoon also delayed until then. The prime minister has already returned to work. He is the first PM to get married while in office in nearly 200 years.

The Mail on Sunday reported that 30 guests were invited to the ceremony at short notice - the maximum number of attendees allowed under Covid restrictions in England.
A small number of church officials were involved in preparations for the Catholic ceremony, which was officiated by Father Daniel Humphreys, it said.

Although Mr Johnson, 56, has been married twice before, the Roman Catholic Church can allow divorcees to remarry if the previous marriages were outside the Roman Catholic Church.
Christopher Lamb, religious correspondent for Catholic magazine The Tablet, told BBC Radio 5 Live: "There will be a feeling that, why are some people who are divorced allowed to be married in the church and others not?

"And I think that's where the church I think can look at its current roles and see how it can become more welcoming. It has been welcoming to Boris Johnson, why not to others?" Father Mark Drew, assistant priest at St Joseph's Church in Penketh, Warrington, said he has previously told Catholic couples going through an annulment or divorce they are not able to remarry in the Church.

"It looks to them - rightly or wrongly - as if the Church is applying double standards and I do fear that this decision does make the Church look bad."
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-57296472

Apparently BoJo was baptized Catholic but became Anglican, Carrie is Catholic.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/p ... 56582.html
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan