Re: These are some of my favorite things

A good little spaniel, a black pistol carbine
An old Finnish Mosin, some blue cheese and red wine
A Dremel, fish tacos, and Lord of the Rings
These are a few of my favorite things

(Had to put the dog first since I'm fishing for more pet pics; also, should probably admit that the photo was staged to obscure all the furniture damage the dog did before she learned to be good.)
Morale was deteriorating and it was all Yossarian's fault. The country was in peril; he was jeopardizing his traditional rights of freedom and independence by daring to exercise them.

dwnhlldav wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:41 pm Fun thread. Here's my entry:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I spy an old Minolta camera! I've got an X-370 with a bunch of lenses from 35mm to 500mm. It was a great camera, and it still works, although these days I use a Canon 50D for everything.
106+ recreational uses of firearms
1 defensive use
0 people injured
0 people killed

Eris wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:01 pm
dwnhlldav wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:41 pm Fun thread. Here's my entry:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I spy an old Minolta camera! I've got an X-370 with a bunch of lenses from 35mm to 500mm. It was a great camera, and it still works, although these days I use a Canon 50D for everything.
When I went digital I bought a Sony Alpha 350 because all my autofocus Minolta lenses, doublers and even the electric remote shutter release fit the Sony. Last summer, when we had a partial eclipse, I was even able to mount the Sony on the Minolta adapter to my Meade ETX telescope and get a GREAT pic! It was even published in our local "daily bugler" newspaper. Hadn't shot an eclipse since the 1999 one over the Black Sea.
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

Ultravox wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:08 pm Here we go:

How's that for a collection of weird things. The cat put herself in there, but she is one of my favorite things.

Sadly I'm drinking the last of the 16 year old Lagavulin as I type this. I got it as a birthday present. But my birthday is coming up in about a month and a half - maybe I'll get another bottle!

That's a 1979 Gottlieb Genie pinball game by the way. I have three pinball machines and that's the newest one. You can see the side of the Gottlieb Sky Jump machine in the background.

I think Master Chief might have to go in all my gun photos from now on. Even the ones where I'm trying to sell grips. :lol:

Ahahahah, I think the cat will have a heart attack