Re: how about this scope for a cz 455 17 hmr/ 22lr combo

Too much scope magnification IMHO for any kind of rimfire. I recommend the Nikon Prostaff Target EFR instead - 3-9X about $182 on Amazon. Understand your point about .17, but I never intend to change barrels on the 455 even though I can (and I bet you won't either). Just too much adjusting and I bought a BSA Sweet 17 for my Varmint 455 for mucho less money and I can see the holes fine as I dial it up - even at 125M. Here is something else - I bet most folks do not shoot at extreme magnification - the movement drives us crazy. At 100 the most I use is 6 or 7 and 4 at 50. I know the Prostaff is fantastic since my wife shoots it on her 455 Lux - lights out. Parallax adjustment is key - I would not buy without it. I think the excellent Vortex scopes also have it. [BTW - 9x is very serious glass - in the old days 4x was considered a lot.)

Also, and I bet many will throw rocks at me, I do not like Burris Scopes and never have. Something else - some of the folks on the various rimfire sites are a whole lot weirder than we are here. (Chauvinism, I know.) Take a look at the comments and questions on Amazon (they seem pretty rational to me.)

Re: how about this scope for a cz 455 17 hmr/ 22lr combo

senorgrand wrote:Burris Timberline 4.5-14 x 32 Riflescope with Ballistic Plex Reticle

Apparently, the paralax can be adjusted, which is ideal for shooting 22lr at 50 yards, or stretching 17 hmr out to 150 yards.

Several on Rimfireshooters recommended it.

Thoughts?
My main concern with 32MM objective at that magnification range is that the exit pupil at 14x will really tiny and have very critical eye relief. If you want to go with a zoom scope over 9X magnification go with at least 40MM, with 50mm or above being a lot better. IMHO.

FWIW.
Bleeding Heart Liberal with Second Amendment Benefits.