Re: Any non-EOTech red dot recommendations for AR?

I have an Aimpont PRO and a Primary Arms cheapo red dot- The Aimpoint is freaking awesome, not too ridiculously priced, and bullet proof. The battery lasts forever. I should probably change mine sometime soon, it's had the same battery in it for over 3 years now.

The PA is fine. Holds zero, definitely not as rugged, but one of the better less expensive options out there. I use it on my 22lr upper. All depends on what you want out of it, but it definitely works. Battery life is nowhere near what the Aimpoint is. Adjustments on the Aimpoint feel more solid, but both seem to hold zero fine. If it's a range plinker, the PA is fine. If you want to do three gun, or are concerned with the ability to take abuse, the Aimpoint is probably a better option.

Haven't used the others, so no opinion on them.
“Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.”
- Maya Angelou

I have both a primary arms and an aimpoint pro. Very different pricepoints. The aimpoint pro is absolutly bulletproof. The primary arms optic not so much. I bought both a few years ago and both have been on multiple rifles. Id go with the aimpoint pro if i was buying only one.
Hey, careful, man, there's a beverage here! The Dude.
Skilled Labor Isn't Cheap - Cheap Labor Isn't Skilled

shinzen wrote:I have an Aimpont PRO and a Primary Arms cheapo red dot- The Aimpoint is freaking awesome, not too ridiculously priced, and bullet proof. The battery lasts forever. I should probably change mine sometime soon, it's had the same battery in it for over 3 years now.
e ability to take abuse, the Aimpoint is probably a better option.
rltriumph wrote:I have both a primary arms and an aimpoint pro. Very different pricepoints. The aimpoint pro is absolutly bulletproof. The primary arms optic not so much. I bought both a few years ago and both have been on multiple rifles. Id go with the aimpoint pro if i was buying only one.
Is the Aimpoint Pro a dot or a circle reticle?

Went to the indoor range to use up all my 55gr 5.56 and .223, as well as cancel my order for the PPS M2. Ended up walking out of the LGS with a Vortex Spitfire 1x.

I haven't got it on, but I'm also not sure of the iron sight zero, so planning a trip to an outdoor range soon to zero everything.

It seems like a very nice sight. It can be red or green with various luminance, depending on the setting of the dial.

After a similar desire to not support EOTech (though I really liked my 552) I chose a Trijicon MRO. Under $400 w/out a mount, $465 with the ideal factory mount.
I: ALL GUNS ARE ALWAYS LOADED
II: NEVER LET THE MUZZLE COVER ANYTHING YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO DESTROY
III: KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER UNTIL YOUR SIGHTS ARE ON THE TARGET
IV: BE SURE OF YOUR TARGET AND WHAT'S BEHIND IT

RobertS wrote:Went to the indoor range to use up all my 55gr 5.56 and .223, as well as cancel my order for the PPS M2. Ended up walking out of the LGS with a Vortex Spitfire 1x.

I haven't got it on, but I'm also not sure of the iron sight zero, so planning a trip to an outdoor range soon to zero everything.

It seems like a very nice sight. It can be red or green with various luminance, depending on the setting of the dial.
That will work just fine. I shot a Vortex Strikefire on my 3 Gun and works awesome. Just built a dedicated 3 Gun AR but on that I have a Holosun Paralow on it that is hopefully just as awesome as the Vortex.

Everything is bigger in Texas
Texas LTC Holder
Postal Match Winner: 2017 Q1 Rimfire, 7 Yd Division, Glass, S&W Victory 22

I am a Red dot guy as my eyes age love ultra dot and aimpoint For my AR I chose a 4x fixed nice short tube looks great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
An intellectual is someone that can change their mind after being given enough evidence.

“ I nearly murdered somebody, and it made me realise that you can't face violence with violence. It doesn't work. ”

—Joe Strummer

If you like the idea of a holographic sight but don't want EoTech, Vortex has a new sight for you. It's the Razor AMG UH-1, and it's being introduced this month. MSRP is $699..but who pays MSRP? Street price should be significantly less.

It's not just a dot, the reticle is similar to what was used by EoTech, a circle/dot.

Not at the PC right now so no link, but just go to vortexoptics.com and choose the "red dots" category.

Looks pretty good to me, guess I'll have to save up.
"In every generation there are those who want to rule well - but they mean to rule. They promise to be good masters - but they mean to be masters." — Daniel Webster