Red Dot Revolver

Review and discussions of optic related equipment.

Moderators: admin, Inquisitor, ForumModerator, WebsiteContent

HuckleberryFun
Verified Member
Verified Member

Red Dot Revolver

Post by HuckleberryFun »

Yesterday I ordered a Leupold K-frame mount and low STD 1" rings for my Smith & Wesson model 14 revolver. Today I ordered an Ultradot Matchdot II. I should have it all mounted before the next 2700 match and also be able to enter the optics division for the first time for LGC Bullseye match #13.

I like Aimpoint scopes, but at $600 bucks I figure I can scope all three of my Bullseye pistols for around the price of a single Aimpoint. The Matchdots are good, and that's good enough for me.

I still have the "before" pics of targets shot with iron sights. I will post "after" pics to see how the red dot affects groups & accuracy.
ImageImage
I’m not your Sherpa, so find your own way and carry your own baggage.

senorgrand
Verified Member
Verified Member

Re: Red Dot Revolver

Post by senorgrand »

Cool beans! Let us know how the setup works.

I have been thinking a 617 with a red dot would be the bomb...

Grand Poobah and Bass Player for the Conspiracy of Weenies.

Marlene
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by Marlene »

I had an ultradot on my 327 for a while. It was neat, but in the end I didn't like the weight. Haven't tried a dot sight on anything I shot more seriously bullseye style. Keep thinking I should.

The Leupold Deltapiont or similar (Aimpoint I think?) sights are nice because of their small weight/size. Rolandson and (I think?) Shinzen have them on guns that I have shot. Definitely a fun way to shoot autos fast.

Looking forward to see what you think.

shinzen
Site Admin

Post by shinzen »

Yeah, I've got the Deltapoint on my CZ P-01, which I like well enough to want to get the slide milled for it- and at .6 oz vs the 3.9oz of the Ultradot, I don't think I'd consider something that heavy. The Burris Fastfire is another lower weight option- 1.7 oz instead. I've got one on the pig hunting shotgun and it seems to hold up pretty well. It's also substantially cheaper than the DP or the RMR.

Hasaf
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by Hasaf »

I just got a new AR, a Windham Carbon Fiber. I decided to go with the Bushnell TRS-25. The decision was much the same, I want some things more than an aimpoint.

YankeeTarheel
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by YankeeTarheel »

Hasaf wrote:I just got a new AR, a Windham Carbon Fiber. I decided to go with the Bushnell TRS-25. The decision was much the same, I want some things more than an aimpoint.

How do you like the Windham? They look really well made.

I have an inexpensive Bushnell TRS-25 on my Baretta Cx4, which, though a bit clunky to adjust, seems to work as well as my other two, a Primary Arms on my Kel-Tec, and a Sig Sauer Romeo 1 on my p320 compact. All are very good.
""If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you." -- LBJ