Re: Iron sights for old eyes on CZ455

GoldenRetrieversRule wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:22 pm
AndyH wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 3:25 pm Another option that I keep stumbling on in other corners of the internet is a pair of shooting glasses. The shooting eye uses correction for the front sight (usually a 'computer' correction for about 18") while the other lens is set for distance. These are standard distances the eye doctor routinely prescribes for, and the lenses are standard (and cheap!) single-vision formats. I got a cheap pair of glasses from Zennioptical.com (less than $40 delivered) - and the plan works with any gun with any sights.
This I may need to try!!
$40 bucks, you can't go wrong.

Re: Iron sights for old eyes on CZ455

Pomme wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:15 am I ordered some and tried them today. The results are inconclusive. I wear progressives, reading-computer-long distance, I fiddled around with different areas of my lens and I'm not sure if it works. maybe I should try on a pair of simple non prescription safety glasses.
I used mine a couple of times. It does sharpen my site picture and improves my accuracy. I would describe the Eyepal as an economical version of a peep site, but somewhat awkward and clumsy to use. But it did show me that it is possible to sharpen the image. But it is not what I want, so my next step is to get one of the peep sites that fits on the rifle itself, OR give up and get a scope. I would like to have both. There are some competitions that only allow iron sights, and some that allow scopes. It would be nice to have that flexibility.
All religions united with government are more or less inimical to liberty. All, separated from government, are compatible with liberty.-Henry Clay
Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms.—Aristotle