Article on Concealed Carry, specifically clothing, for men

It's on a website called the art of manliness, perhaps there is a female version of this out there somewhere?

http://www.artofmanliness.com/2012/09/2 ... led-carry/

If you can ignore the premise of the site, which I haven't bothered to figure out, it covers some things I hadn't considered before, like adding stiffeners to suit jackets to aid in flipping them out of the way.
some days, I just don't English

Re: Article on Concealed Carry, specifically clothing, for m

Read this a while back. Found it interesting, but it fails to cover those of us in a very warm environment.

As a whole it's not a bad website. No where near as hokey or full of crap as it sounds like it would be. Most of it is good traditional advice a lot of suburban guys just don't know. Sometimes it's a bit out there, like explaining how to shave with a straight razor. But sometimes it's got good stuff, like their series on 30 things to know before moving out on your own. Simple stuff that a lot of young guys just don't know for whatever reason.
"No one can build his security upon the nobleness of another person."
-Willa Cather

fknauss wrote:
like explaining how to shave with a straight razor
I think that's a totally useful skill.

You get an understanding of both steel and facial hair that you never get with throwaways.
I won't say it's useless. But hesitate to call it useful in most men's lives. Now shaving with a safety razor I'm all for that.
"No one can build his security upon the nobleness of another person."
-Willa Cather

Simmer down wrote:
ErikO wrote:It would seem they feel I am either too short or too wide to be armed. :lol:

And then I saw this: http://www.saddlebackleather.com/briefc ... ory=301406

:yahoo: Now to get some money together for that bag...
Check ebay for Vagabond Traveler. Same bag for about a third.
Manly bag.jpg
I have a line on one on Etsy. $79 for one that will fit my laptop and some extras and look damned nice doing it.
In a bacon, egg and cheese sandwich the chicken and cow are involved while the pig is committed.

KnightsFan wrote:Read this a while back. Found it interesting, but it fails to cover those of us in a very warm environment.

As a whole it's not a bad website. No where near as hokey or full of crap as it sounds like it would be. Most of it is good traditional advice a lot of suburban guys just don't know. Sometimes it's a bit out there, like explaining how to shave with a straight razor. But sometimes it's got good stuff, like their series on 30 things to know before moving out on your own. Simple stuff that a lot of young guys just don't know for whatever reason.
Guayabera!
some days, I just don't English