Re: Any other Sig 229 owners here? Let's talk holsters.

Even harder to find a holster that fits the Sig P320 Compact RX. The regular P320 Compact holster gets caught on the RX's extended height trillium front sight and all Sig could do was...Shrug "Sorry, we don't have a holster that fits the RX. Maybe you can get one custom made?"
So I took a reciprocating saw and thinned the sight channel on the stock holster little by little until the gun could go smoothly in and out, then adjusted tension screw so it can't fall out, but wouldn't pull on the slide. It wouldn't take much for Sig to re-engineer that holster to handle both the regular and RX sights. Just a deeper channel.
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

I have a 239, and have gone through a few holsters for it. The ones I've found that work best are an eBay kydex one, as well as a Galco (I believe) OWB I got off eBay which was already broken in. I personally am somewhat opposed to Tagua, I bought one of theirs for my 239 and the snap assembly is so bad I've never used it, and got one for my Glock which was quite difficult to break in and still doesn't work all that great.
No, really, I own a bunch of guns and I'm a sane moderate

senorgrand wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:03 pm The 229 is really hard to ccw, imho. With an IWB holster, it's like carying a lead brick in your pants.

YMMV, but it is possible that you might not find a holster that works for you.
I have a holster that works very well. It’s the belt not being stiff enough to support this heavy of a gun.
"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times"
"Namaste"
"Don't Tread on Me"

My son had a p229 and it is the same basic size as my p227. I have a holster for the p227 made by simply rugged it is an OWB and it is easy to carry with the right belt. I ware a stiff double stitch leather belt and if I’m going to carry all day a pair of Perry suspenders helps with the weight.

https://www.simplyrugged.com

I have three diff ent holsters from them one for the 686 3 inch 357 another for the Ruger Alaskan 44 mag and the the p227 all well made and fits great.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

The last holster I bought was for another SIG I have, not the P229 though it fits, I stumbled onto it at Amazon. The company is in Turkey (Istanbul) and it's beautifully made - fine stitching and lined. The holster price is cheap, the shipping was expensive about $15.00 but it was worth it. They have their own website and we e-mailed. I have Galco, Safariland, Blackhawk, Bianchi...but this is my current favorite.
https://www.amazon.com/stores/cal38/node/15089373011
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan