Learned an important lesson about bipods today

So I was in Big 5 and impulse bought a Caldwell bipod for one of my rifles, as I needed a one and it was there. I still need to actually get an Atlas at some point, but haven't gotten around to it- after using one on Marlene's rifle, it's really something else. That all said, I went to install it on my CZ 527 sling stud and the damned thing never quite fit right. I thought I had it on and had hit the screw with some loctite, but as soon as I pulled it out of the range bag on my morning of playing hooky from work, it fell right off. Which kind of screwed what I had planned for my load work up, since I didn't bring my alternate setup with me, so was forced to use what they had at the range, with less than stellar results for my load work up.

Come to find out, that style of bipod which attaches to swivel studs doesn't work on CZ studs. They're a bit funky in shape compared to US versions, so they have a tendency to fall out on one side of the clamp or the other. Once I got home and messed with it some more I realized that of course. Put said bipod onto some Uncle Mikes that I had laying around and it worked perfectly. Of course. Ah well. Have to restart my load work up and try again. I also need to bed the rifle before doing so.
“Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.”
- Maya Angelou

Re: Learned an important lesson about bipods today

Mason wrote:
shinzen wrote:I also need to be the rifle before doing so.
Be the rifle you wish to see in your groups. :)
Well played Mason. BED the rifle is what I meant there. Apparently I wasn't proof-reading before posting.

And yeah on the sling studs. Super stupid. To be fair though, you'd think that the bipod manufacturers would note that they are not compatible or that they would make them to work with that style as well.
“Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.”
- Maya Angelou