My gun safe just quit working

I went to my Stack-On safe, and punched in the combination. ---NOTHING, no beeps, no lights, nothing. So I think dead battery. But jeez, I just put in a new battery a few months ago. So I go buy a new battery. Still nothing.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. (and yes I do have an emergency key)
All religions united with government are more or less inimical to liberty. All, separated from government, are compatible with liberty.-Henry Clay
Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms.—Aristotle

Re: My gun safe just quit working

Time to upgrade. I've been Jones to get a Browning or Liberty plus i have grow out of the two safes I have. Call Stack-On and see if they have a clue your key pad may have failed and they should be able to get you a replacement.

I have a little Hack for you. Drill a hole in your safe key say at 1 or 11 o'clock from the factory hole. Then use that hole when you put it back on the ring. This will make the key stick out when you hold key ring by a key so if you need to open your safe quickly you can find that key fast.
It's time to elect leadership not re elect it.
Drain the swamp!

Have had that problem with my Cannon safe. Unfortunately, no key opening. Twice unable to open, then once unable to lock. All problems solved by Cannon CS or web FAQ's. Cannon does not offer a mechanical combo lock to replace electronic. There are some aftermarket available, but confusion as to which is correct for my safe has prevented me from making change, plus they have doubled in price - well over $100 now.

I'd contact StackOn CS and see what they offer. Cannon CS has been fairly good. Cannon now owns (merged?) GunVault and have replaced my portable NV300 cabled safe bought years ago under warranty at no charge (Twice).
"Being Republican is more than a difference of opinion - it's a character flaw." "COVID can fix STUPID!"
The greatest, most aggrieved mistake EVER made in USA was electing DJT as POTUS.

zzrguy wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:46 am I have a little Hack for you. Drill a hole in your safe key say at 1 or 11 o'clock from the factory hole. Then use that hole when you put it back on the ring. This will make the key stick out when you hold key ring by a key so if you need to open your safe quickly you can find that key fast.
Hey zzrguy,thanks for the tip. However this key is 6 or 7 inches long, and thick and heavy. Thanks anyway
All religions united with government are more or less inimical to liberty. All, separated from government, are compatible with liberty.-Henry Clay
Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms.—Aristotle

Marlene wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:17 pm Bummer. I’m sorry.

Calling customer service is probably the move to make
Thanks Marlene, I will give them a buzz Monday. If they can fix it- fine. If not, well I had been thinking about a larger safe anyway. I still have the key to this one and can use it for storing less-used guns and non-gun stuff. This just came at a time when I had already spent a ton of money on other things. May just use the key for a while.

Sorry for your troubles. I'm eagerly watching this thread to see if I was missing something in my own Luddite aversion to electronics in safes.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi