Knife finishing.

After attending a couple YTU classes (watched videos on YouTube) I found out that I have the shop skills and most of the tools to make knives. So, I ordered a couple of semi-finished knives to put handles on and make sheaths for.

Large Bowie, made out of Stainless Steel of some nature (did not have to shape or harden/temper the blade so don't care what kind) on top of a notepad cover that holds an 8.5x11.5 pad of paper.

Slightly smaller stonewashed blade with a hidden tang. that is a page from the notebook in the black binder above.
In a bacon, egg and cheese sandwich the chicken and cow are involved while the pig is committed.

Re: Knife finishing.

The full tang blade has walnut scales with brass pins waiting for me to get off work today to finish shaping the handle and then finish it with boiled linseed. Then I need to order the leather for the sheath. I am thinking about doing a 'scout' style sheath to give me a couple different methods to carry this rather large knife.
In a bacon, egg and cheese sandwich the chicken and cow are involved while the pig is committed.

Oh yeah, my wife scored nearly 100 St Louis trolley rider tokens at an estate sale yesterday, will be insetting one on each side of the handle on the smaller one.

senorgrand wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 11:56 am
Mason wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 11:43 am I read th thread tile as Knife Fishing.

This is disappointing, Erik!
Me too! More caffine is clearly needed...
I've had my caffeine and still read Fishing.

Cool knifes by the way! :tongue:

I have been catching up on "Forged in Fire" and have found a new respect for this art form :thumbup: .
Never confuse knowledge with intelligence.

At some point I may forge my own blades, until then it is blade blanks and 3/16" to 1/4" 1084 steel. I've got a local supplier of exotic hardwoods so that part will be easy, too.