See All Open Sight Shot Show 2019

Reviews and discussion of things that don't fall into one of the other categories.

Moderators: admin, Inquisitor, ForumModerator, WebsiteContent

Hiker
Verified Member
Verified Member

See All Open Sight Shot Show 2019

Post by Hiker »

I, like many of you, have that problem of old eyes trying to see iron sights. One of the things I wanted to do was find alternative sights at Shot Show. This is one that I found.

The See All Open sight is well... unique. It comes with either a triangle or crosshairs. It is available in fiber optic or tritium, neither of which require batteries. It has a 30 day 100% money back guarantee, and a lifetime replacement warranty. The one I looked at had the triangle. Just place the top point of the triangle on target and fire. Like a red dot, this sight does not employ at front sight. And they are offering a 20% discount with the code: shotshow.

The thing I liked best about this is that it was in focus. And it looked the same with one or both eyes open. Normally the rear sight is always kind of blurry for me. They can be mounted on a rail or dovetail, and can be used on rifle, pistol, shotgun, black powder, or crossbow.

This was the only exhibitor at Shot Show that would let you order one item there. One I ordered one, hopefully it will be here soon. I'll report when I try it out.

https://seeallopensight.com/
Disclaimer: I am not endorsing this, just talking about my experience with this product. No kickback was received.
All religions united with government are more or less inimical to liberty. All, separated from government, are compatible with liberty.-Henry Clay
Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms.—Aristotle

CDFingers
Verified Member
Verified Member

Re: See All Open Sight Shot Show 2019

Post by CDFingers »

I watched a vid at the site listed, so I'll be interested to learn what you think.

CDFingers
ImageImage
Turn on channel six, the President comes on the news,
Says, "I get no satisfaction, that's why I sing the blues."

shinzen
Site Admin

Post by shinzen »

Hmm. Interesting concept. Could be a real boon for those of us with an astigmatism. Eagerly awaiting the range report- did you get the pistol or the rifle version?

highdesert
Carpal Tunnel

Post by highdesert »

I also have old eyes problem, so I'll be interested in how you like it.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Hiker
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by Hiker »

I ordered the pistol version. I have yet to hear back from them. Will report when the arrive.
All religions united with government are more or less inimical to liberty. All, separated from government, are compatible with liberty.-Henry Clay
Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms.—Aristotle

shinzen
Site Admin

Post by shinzen »

Cool. Did you get the tritium version or no?

Hiker
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by Hiker »

The tritium version was twice as much, and money is tight. I figured that before I spent the extra money for trit I would see how the regular ones work in daylight.

Hiker
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by Hiker »

OK, so the SeeAll sight arrived. I schmoozed some local gunsmiths into installing it for me for free. It's a good thing, because the mounting piece needed some filing done on it to make fit into the slot. (The rear site must be removed to install this) I had it installed on a S&W M&P 2.0 with a 5 inch barrel.

The site has a lower profile than any red dot site I've seen, just 0.5 inches.
IMG_20190225_222123 - Edited.jpg
And this is what it looks like. The peak of the little triangle is the point of impact. It is adjustable for windage and elevation. This photo makes the triangle look smaller than it is.

So far I have only shot it enough to site it in. I am withholding judgement until I have had time to shoot it some more. Initial impressions are that as light decreases, so does my ability to see the triangle, and I think I would like it better if it were a glowing green triangle on a black background. More when I get a chance to go to the range again.
Attachments
IMG_20190225_222144 - Edited.jpg

K9s
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by K9s »

I hope it works out. Seems like a good thing for a decent price.
The border between civilization and savagery is porous and patrolled by opportunists. Resist fascism. Vote like your democracy depends on it.

Hipcatblue
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by Hipcatblue »

I have used there sights on a 22lr Henry and I enjoyed it u til my cheapy dovetail to Weaver mount fell off. I have another on an airsoft rifle to see how it works in a faster paced scenario. I will but from them again.

CDFingers
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by CDFingers »

Low profile is a plus. I'll be interested to see how you like it after maybe 100 rounds. Good point about dim light. I've always wondered after that pesky problem--I figure I can see what I'm shooting at from the flash... ;-)

CDFingers
ImageImage
Turn on channel six, the President comes on the news,
Says, "I get no satisfaction, that's why I sing the blues."

shinzen
Site Admin

Post by shinzen »

Did you get the fiber optic version? I've found that fiber optic sights in general suffer from that malaise with regards to lower light.