Holster for PT92

Another accessory I need to get is a holster for a Taurus PT 92. I don't do concealed carry or expect to be doing any "draw" competitions, but want something in the odd case I do need to carry. Alienware seems pretty cool, but I would love some suggestions.

Re: Holster for PT92

If it is just a carrying-possible holster, a Fobus works, I think. I will look at what I have, but I think my leather one was a Beretta 92 holster.

Does yours have a rail?
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

Duplicate
Last edited by Wino on Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Being Republican is more than a difference of opinion - it's a character flaw." "COVID can fix STUPID!"
The greatest, most aggrieved mistake EVER made in USA was electing DJT as POTUS.

duplicate
Last edited by Wino on Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Being Republican is more than a difference of opinion - it's a character flaw." "COVID can fix STUPID!"
The greatest, most aggrieved mistake EVER made in USA was electing DJT as POTUS.

DSCN1999b.jpg
Railed - If you're looking for IWB, I'd go with AlienGear. For OWB I use DeSantis 001BAV6Z0 w/thumb break or 002BAV6Z0 w/o T-break (railed for 92A1 Beretta) for PT92/99/100. Also have, but a bit tight 001BCF8Z0 w/T-Break for Beretta railed 92FS or Vertec - too tight to work with PT100. I CC under untucked shirt OWB. 5'-10" 185 +/-, Shiner Belly.
DSCN1999b.jpg

No idea what just happened - kept getting message I couldn't post, so redid and ended up with the above mess and couldn't find a way to delete.

K9, I have the same Fobus - generally only use on range as it doesn't work well for CC as too far off body for me. In regards to belt, I prefer the 3-slot which allows straight up or canted - have found canted easier to conceal. There is a myriad of good holsters out there, but the biggest problem is finding one to fit the Taurus PT92 of a quality nature. None of my DeSantis for PT92 were stated to fit a Taurus, just Beretta. I had to return a couple from another major leather manufacturer that said they would fit a railed Taurus, but both time they were in error.

Wino wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:35 pm K9, I have the same Fobus - generally only use on range as it doesn't work well for CC as too far off body for me. In regards to belt, I prefer the 3-slot which allows straight up or canted - have found canted easier to conceal. There is a myriad of good holsters out there, but the biggest problem is finding one to fit the Taurus PT92 of a quality nature. None of my DeSantis for PT92 were stated to fit a Taurus, just Beretta. I had to return a couple from another major leather manufacturer that said they would fit a railed Taurus, but both time they were in error.
I agree. The Fobus is my last resort. It works for "just carrying" and that's about it. If someone just wants a holster, it works. Fobus works very well for some pistols, but not my Taurus PT92s.

I actually use the old school M7/M9 shoulder holster clones for the PT92/99/101 more than the belt holsters. They were all leather, inexpensive, and easy to slip on in winter. If the Fobus worked better for me, I would carry it in my car instead.
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

The PT92 I have seen have the portion going into the holster identical to the typical 92FS. Watch for whether there is an accessory rail on the dustcover.

I have used IWB holsters as shown above, without retention, except for the pinch at the trigger guard. They worked well for awhile, then the plastic got tired, and it did not retain any more. Now I will only use one with active retention (usually a thumb-break), such as the Bianchi 3S IWB for the 92: https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1336216812

Don't go hog wild with the retention. I saw an internet advertisement for some Police-surplus holsters, with level III retention. The cost was nominal, so I bought one and found out why they were so cheap. I could not get a pistol out of the holster without using at least two hands.