Queensland, Australia police allegedly accidentally release firearm owner data

Post your links to the latest news.

Moderators: Inquisitor, admin, ForumModerator, WebsiteContent

DispositionMatrix
Carpal Tunnel

Queensland, Australia police allegedly accidentally release firearm owner data

#1 Post by DispositionMatrix » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:00 am

Police release firearm owner details in data breach
Queensland police have accidentally released details of hundreds of firearms owners in an embarrassing privacy and security breach, which is under investigation.

Compounding the error, the move was an attempt to warn firearms owners to secure their properties following a spate of thefts of guns.

The Queensland Police Service has acknowledged the breach "has caused confusion and anguish and the service apologises for this", saying it had launched an immediate inquiry into how it happened.
sbɐɯ ʎʇıɔɐdɐɔ pɹɐpuɐʇs ɟo ןןnɟ ǝɟɐs
ɯɯ6 bdd ɹǝɥʇןɐʍ
13ʞ
"ǝuıqɹɐɔ 1ɐ4ɯ" dɯɐʇsןןoɹ --- ɯoɔos0269ǝן ʇןoɔ
"ǝuıqɹɐɔ ʇuǝɯǝɔɹoɟuǝ ʍɐן sʇןoɔ" dɯɐʇsןןoɹ --- 0269ǝן ʇןoɔ
(béɟ) 59-pɯɐ

highdesert
Carpal Tunnel

Re: Queensland, Australia police allegedly accidentally release firearm owner data

#2 Post by highdesert » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:19 pm

Sounds like the gun owners affected should push for a state parliament investigation. If criminals know who has guns, gun owners could become a target for robbery.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Bisbee
Verified Member
Verified Member

Re: Queensland, Australia police allegedly accidentally release firearm owner data

#3 Post by Bisbee » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:26 pm

I hope Gaz is not in Queensland.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

highdesert
Carpal Tunnel

#4 Post by highdesert » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:32 pm

Bisbee wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:26 pm I hope Gaz is not in Queensland.
I think he's in NSW but I could be wrong.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Bisbee
Verified Member
Verified Member

#5 Post by Bisbee » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:41 pm

I have no idear about the geography of Australia. I had to think twice to make sure he wasn’t in Auckland...
;)
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

highdesert
Carpal Tunnel

#6 Post by highdesert » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:20 pm

Bisbee wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:41 pm I have no idear about the geography of Australia. I had to think twice to make sure he wasn’t in Auckland...
;)

Sorry, NSW = New South Wales. Auckland - that's Kiwiland. :)

Bisbee
Verified Member
Verified Member

#7 Post by Bisbee » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:36 pm

:smart:
That joke would probably work better to piss off Kiwis than Aussies.
Just like it’s easier to get a rise out of Canadians than Americans when mixing up their countries.
:bananadance: