Florida 12yo, 14yo DoJJ escapees open fire on deputies w/ shotgun and "AK-47"

‘This went on for hours’: 12-year-old, 14-year-old involved in shootout with deputies, Chitwood says
Chitwood addressed the public Tuesday night, saying a 12-year-old and a 14-year-old opened fire repeatedly on deputies at a home in Enterprise, Volusia County.
According to officials, the two juveniles broke into a house and used multiple weapons found inside to open fire on responding deputies.
"I don't know what to say. Where have we gone wrong that a 12-year-old and 14-year-old think it's OK to take on law enforcement. What the hell is the department of juvenile justice doing sending them to places that can't handle them?"

Re: Florida 12yo, 14yo DoJJ escapees open fire on deputies w/ shotgun and "AK-47"

DispositionMatrix wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:16 am ‘This went on for hours’: 12-year-old, 14-year-old involved in shootout with deputies, Chitwood says
Chitwood addressed the public Tuesday night, saying a 12-year-old and a 14-year-old opened fire repeatedly on deputies at a home in Enterprise, Volusia County.
According to officials, the two juveniles broke into a house and used multiple weapons found inside to open fire on responding deputies.
"I don't know what to say. Where have we gone wrong that a 12-year-old and 14-year-old think it's OK to take on law enforcement. What the hell is the department of juvenile justice doing sending them to places that can't handle them?"
Lock up yer guns please...

Re: Florida 12yo, 14yo DoJJ escapees open fire on deputies w/ shotgun and "AK-47"

Yes, lock up your guns.

When I was out I heard news report where the FL judge ordered the male youth into secure detention for 21 days until the next hearing or he changes the order. Apparently the 12 year old boy is insulin dependent. Bonnie & Clyde except thankfully no one was injured.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

CDFingers wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:57 am This is one reason why responsible gun owners lock up our guns for reals.

CDFingers
The house was locked?

When and if trouble comes a-knockin', you're not going to have time to open your safe to acquire protection, so, IMO if you don't have children present at any time, and you only have responsible adults around etc, I see no reason for a safe (excepting for your toilet paper, plywood + 2 X 4's, plus all of your gold bullion and precious jewels LOL!).

DJD100 wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:44 pm
CDFingers wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:57 am This is one reason why responsible gun owners lock up our guns for reals.

CDFingers
The house was locked?

When and if trouble comes a-knockin', you're not going to have time to open your safe to acquire protection, so, IMO if you don't have children present at any time, and you only have responsible adults around etc, I see no reason for a safe (excepting for your toilet paper, plywood + 2 X 4's, plus all of your gold bullion and precious jewels LOL!).
They broke a window to get in. Apparently the guns were accessible.

My rule of thumb is if you are not fondling it, using it, cleaning it, wearing it, or can see where it's stashed, it's locked up. You don't leave the guns available when you pop out for a smoothie or what not. Irresponsible gun ownership resulted in death. Laws can't prevent stupid. Only people can prevent stupid.

CDFingers
Shine your shoes, light the fuse.
Can you use them ol' US Blues?

DJD100 wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:53 am Multiple cases of attempted murder with firearm enhancments, and from their own mouths they both were happy shooting people/cops, not sorry, probably played too much GTA etc (which is a whole other issue...)?

Charge as adults and throw away the key, these two are sick puppies!
12 and 14yo..and 'sick' for sure. Throwing into an adult prison population sure as shit will 'kill' them, literally. I donno, I'm hoping they are not 'lost' forever..maybe they are but their 'condition' really isn't their fault, now is it?

F4FEver wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:32 am
DJD100 wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:53 am Multiple cases of attempted murder with firearm enhancments, and from their own mouths they both were happy shooting people/cops, not sorry, probably played too much GTA etc (which is a whole other issue...)?

Charge as adults and throw away the key, these two are sick puppies!
12 and 14yo..and 'sick' for sure. Throwing into an adult prison population sure as shit will 'kill' them, literally. I donno, I'm hoping they are not 'lost' forever..maybe they are but their 'condition' really isn't their fault, now is it?
Unknown, though when it comes to unrepentant violent crime, in this case multiple cases of attempted murder with stolen firearms, I'm of a conservative nature, i.e. "do the crime, do the time"!

If violent crimes were more seriously sentenced, perhaps there would be less of them? In gang culture it's recognized that if you get caught prior to your 18th birthday, then you have a great chance at a minimal sentence, and the gangs use this to their advantage by tempting the younger and more impressionable to do bad things for them.

If even the threat of deadly force is present in crimes against innocents, I'm for the harshest sentences possible (assuming an open and shut case where guilt is assured!).