Liberal Gun Club: Isn't that an oxymoron?

Post your links to the latest news.

Moderators: admin, Inquisitor, ForumModerator, WebsiteContent

KVoimakas
Site Admin

Liberal Gun Club: Isn't that an oxymoron?

Post by KVoimakas »

It isn't. But it should draw some interesting commentary.

Link to blog post. http://www.theliberalgunclub.com/2012/0 ... -oxymoron/
Truth good. Fire bad. Tree pretty.
Educate an anti: open carry where legal.

Inquisitor
Site Admin

Re: Liberal Gun Club: Isn't that an oxymoron?

Post by Inquisitor »

I assume this will be a discussion topic for a soon to be posted blog :)

KVoimakas
Site Admin

Post by KVoimakas »

Inquisitor wrote:I assume this will be a discussion topic for a soon to be posted blog :)
Just published the blog post and updated the original post up top with a link.

Inquisitor
Site Admin

Post by Inquisitor »

And I just pushed it to the Facebook and twitter feeds :)

Zenmason
Chatty

Post by Zenmason »

I take issue with labeling the NRA types "Conservative." They have very little in common with traditional conservatives.
"I am conservative about those things that should be preserved
and liberal about those things that should be changed."

ErikO
Carpal Tunnel

Post by ErikO »

By the same turn, Progressives have little in common with Classic Liberalism. ;)

What we have now is a split Federalist party wearing the Democratic Republican suit...
In a bacon, egg and cheese sandwich the chicken and cow are involved while the pig is committed.

ErikO
Carpal Tunnel

Post by ErikO »

Great post-up, KV. :)
In a bacon, egg and cheese sandwich the chicken and cow are involved while the pig is committed.

rolandson
Site Admin

Post by rolandson »

Wearing a hoodie sporting the name of my daughter's college into a gun shop will generally illicit the same observation.

Identifying where I had learned of the Northwestfirearms.com web site in their welcome thread earned this:
welcome!....liberal gun club?...well theres an oxymoron for ya!....voting for people who want to ban your guns is like a non-white wearing a nazi patch.
Followed by...
it dont matter,your party choice nationwide wants to ban our gun rights,hillary and billary already did their part and hillary is still in office doing damage so i dont need media to point out the obvious...democrats are anti-american.
I should add that both are compliments of the same troglodyte...

Funny, I don't feel like a moron...go figure?
good tea, nice house

Zenmason
Chatty

Post by Zenmason »

ErikO wrote:By the same turn, Progressives have little in common with Classic Liberalism. ;)

What we have now is a split Federalist party wearing the Democratic Republican suit...
What has happened since Reagan, is a shift toward corporate power in both the Democans and Republicrats.

The social issues (including gun rights) are dog whistle issues that get the low information citizens to act against their own best interests.

I've never been a single issue voter. I don't only support the 2nd amendment, but the entire Constitution and Bill of Rights.
"I am conservative about those things that should be preserved
and liberal about those things that should be changed."

StormRider
Helpful Contributor

Post by StormRider »

Nice post. I also noticed in the General Discussion forum a rant about how hard it is to be a liberal gun owner.

All of the flying definitions of who "we" are caused me to go online & take several tests to peg my political views. Well, well, it turns out I'm a Centrist with Libertarian rising. All the tests agreed, to one degree or another. Ok, so is there a "Centrist Gun Club" online? Nope, but I found the following from "Third Way" a Centrist/Democrat think tank:
Taking Back The Second Amendment
Seven Steps Progressives Must Take To Close The Gun Gap

http://content.thirdway.org/publication ... ndment.pdf
I take a back seat to no one in support of Second Amendment rights, but those rights do not extend to terrorists and criminals.
While this memo is aimed at politicians running during the late "W" era, it seemed to me to have VERY GOOD talking points for us Liberal/Centrist types.
>> a Born-Again Constitution reader <<
"The thing is... The 2nd Amendment is the only amendment about a 'thing'."

KVoimakas
Site Admin

Post by KVoimakas »

rolandson wrote:Wearing a hoodie sporting the name of my daughter's college into a gun shop will generally illicit the same observation.

Identifying where I had learned of the Northwestfirearms.com web site in their welcome thread earned this:
welcome!....liberal gun club?...well theres an oxymoron for ya!....voting for people who want to ban your guns is like a non-white wearing a nazi patch.
Followed by...
it dont matter,your party choice nationwide wants to ban our gun rights,hillary and billary already did their part and hillary is still in office doing damage so i dont need media to point out the obvious...democrats are anti-american.

See, when someone pulls the Dems are gun grabbers and Repubs are ALWAYS pro-gun, I bring up St. Ronnie and his anti-gun activities. They don't know what to do...couple that would pro-RKBA liberal/progressives and the head implosion starts.

the comedian
Loquacious

Post by the comedian »

KVoimakas wrote:
rolandson wrote:Wearing a hoodie sporting the name of my daughter's college into a gun shop will generally illicit the same observation.

Followed by...

See, when someone pulls the Dems are gun grabbers and Repubs are ALWAYS pro-gun, I bring up St. Ronnie and his anti-gun activities. They don't know what to do...couple that would pro-RKBA liberal/progressives and the head implosion starts.
I assume that they plug their ears and run around in a circle , shouting " I'M NOT LISTENING!"
" Hard pressed on my right. My center is yielding. Impossible to maneuver. Situation excellent. I attack." - Gen. Ferdinand Foch, 1st Battle Of The Marne ( 1914).
http://www.rudereds.blogspot.com

KVoimakas
Site Admin

Post by KVoimakas »

I assume that they plug their ears and run around in a circle , shouting " I'M NOT LISTENING!"
And that brings up how we currently have lower taxes (signed by President Obama) than when St. Ronnie was in office and that just opens up the can of worms that is the idiotic presidency of Mr Ray-gun. (Iran-Contra anyway? Grenada? Mr. "I don't negotiate with terrorists!" who actually negotiated with terrorists?

rolandson
Site Admin

Post by rolandson »

damnit lemur where are you when I need you?
you usually catch these things and, while of course getting a little fun in, permit me to correct it before it gets quoted...

Change the illicit to elicit and I will slink back into my hovel....

shit.
good tea, nice house

KVoimakas
Site Admin

Post by KVoimakas »

rolandson wrote:damnit lemur where are you when I need you?
you usually catch these things and, while of course getting a little fun in, permit me to correct it before it gets quoted...

shit.
What is your daughter's college?

And this is what I have to classify me as a liberal:

lemur
Loquacious

Post by lemur »

Been dealing with lots of misspellings and bad grammar at work lately, so I've become a bit immune. Should be temporary.
And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must do it because Conscience tells him it is right. -- MLK

rolandson
Site Admin

Post by rolandson »

KVoimakas wrote:

shit.
What is your daughter's college?

And this is what I have to classify me as a liberal:

Vassar College....she would be terribly ashamed of her father, messing up his grammar like that.
good tea, nice house

hagagaga
Grizzled Veteran

Post by hagagaga »

I had a discussion about this in the Youtube comments for Nutnfancy's video on the M1 that he uploaded today. I linked to the blog post.

OpherGopher
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by OpherGopher »

Gentlemen & Ladies...
I am most grateful that I have found this site..
Where every day I have found many others who say what I am thinking with much more veracity..
To all - We must pull together and work to insure that our great nation continues to prosper and flourish....

Peace..

OpherGopher..
The more you Learn the Less you Know..
USN, Ret. '63-'85
Sig P226 MK25, Browning A Bolt II .223 Remington
St. Louis, MO/Webster Groves
http://theliberalgunclubinc.memberlodge.org