Re: Seeking non-white, non-middle aged, non-white male mbr?

Groups naturally self segregate. This has always been a problem. AA, Latin, Asian, Caucasian all form their own. And then, women break those down even further. It's very hard to have a truly representative group. Sure a few join the others, but not in representative numbers.

Almost guaranteed this group does not reflect diversity. Outreach takes dedicated effort, and time. This is why Bernie's crowds are what they are. It takes time, and effort. It took the NRA some doing to get a Colion Noir. And they've financed that to the hilt.

So, even if the journalist were to get they're interview, what would it truly represent, possibly a false narrative that the interviewer wants to establish. Could go any which way. Just as Mr Noir does not really represent the NRA, neither would any other than middle aged white guy really represent this group.

Everyone sitting around on a forum waiting for people to sign up over the internet will have a long wait for a diverse membership. Dedicated effort and time, yessiree. Dedicated effort, and time.

PS: Good luck. If you get the interview together, it might help with the outreach.

Re: Seeking non-white, non-middle aged, non-white male mbr?

Inquisitor wrote:
tincankilla wrote:we should be collecting that info already, no? hopefully our emoticons aren't more diverse than our membership!

:smurf: :realmad: :saddam: :girlchat: :alien: :sheep: :medieval: :mario: :ike:
We dont actually keep that on tap in the database :(

They want to photograph the person, some facebook peeps have stepped up.

We shouldnt do this anyway. We dont need to classify by race. It would not and should not matter , especially for a gun club.
This is just my opinion, yours may vary and is no less valid.
- Me -

"I will never claim to be an expert, and it has been my experience that self proclaimed experts are usually self proclaimed."
-Me-

I must proof read more