Rep. Ralph Norman R. S.C. Pulls Loaded Firearm In A Restaurant

CNN Reports that,
Republican Rep. Ralph Norman pulled out his loaded, personal .38-caliber Smith & Wesson handgun Friday and laid it on the table at a diner where he was meeting with his constituents in Rock Hill, South Carolina. Norman told CNN he wanted to make a point in the debate over gun violence.
That's one hell of a point. If I did something like that I'd be locked up for a long time and lose all my constitutional rights.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/06/politics ... index.html

Re: Rep. Ralph Norman R. S.C. Pulls Loaded Firearm In A Restaurant

YankeeTarheel wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:57 am WTF is WRONG with these Rethugs??? Waving a gun around motivated Dems to ENSURE Roy Moore didn't get elected!
(Did that asshole FINALLY concede????)
They believe they are special and don’t have to behave like normal people would behave. Their Beloved Orange Leader sets the example.

I haven’t seen any article that said Moore conceded. Maybe he is waiting for a sign from God that he really won.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

TrueTexan wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:02 am
YankeeTarheel wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:57 am WTF is WRONG with these Rethugs??? Waving a gun around motivated Dems to ENSURE Roy Moore didn't get elected!
(Did that asshole FINALLY concede????)
They believe they are special and don’t have to behave like normal people would behave. Their Beloved Orange Leader sets the example.

I haven’t seen any article that said Moore conceded. Maybe he is waiting for a sign from God that he really won.
I was thinking more along the lines that maybe a mule kicked him in the head as a child or something...
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

MaxwellG wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:22 am Moron...this is EXACTLY the behavior the anti-gun crown loves to see exhibited and from a Politician no less.
Most politicians are either idiots, imbeciles, or morons. Most of the rest are crooks as well, and a very, very, VERY few are honest AND intelligent--just don't ask me to name one!
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

KnightsFan wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:49 pm His actions were dumb, but his point is correct: firearms are objects and can't do anything without a user.
That's how I feel. His actions were showy and off putting, but his point is quite correct. He could have made the same point, though, by simply stating that he was carrying without pulling the gun out.
106+ recreational uses of firearms
1 defensive use
0 people injured
0 people killed

Eris wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:18 pm
KnightsFan wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:49 pm His actions were dumb, but his point is correct: firearms are objects and can't do anything without a user.
That's how I feel. His actions were showy and off putting, but his point is quite correct. He could have made the same point, though, by simply stating that he was carrying without pulling the gun out.
Object lessons work better when people can see the object. Ideally he would have warned everyone present before safely removing his holster and placing it on the table pointing it in a safe direction, or if a safe direction wasn't there, by asking people to move so there would be one.
"No one can build his security upon the nobleness of another person."
-Willa Cather