Mass Shooting at Pittsburgh Synagogue w/11 reported fatalities

THIS is what I've been expecting since the night Duh Furor was "elected"--and why I'm a gun owner. This is my nightmare--a murderous mamser or gang of them coming up my street, shooting people.

The Tree of Life Synagogue in the Squirrel Hill section of Pittsburgh was attacked by a gunman this morning shouting "ALL THESE JEWS NEED TO DIE!"
Howard Feinman grew up in that synagogue.

He shot 3 policemen, and multiple people are dead, and the shit-head's in custody.

Trump's "Thoughts and prayers" statement was perfunctory.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/27/us/a ... e=Homepage
Last edited by YankeeTarheel on Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

Shooter taken into custody at Pittsburgh synagogue with eight reported fatalities

Here we go again.
According to BNO, there was a shooting at a Pittsburgh-area synagogue that left at least 8 dead and others wounded.

The report states the incident began just before 10 a.m. at the Tree of Life Congregation Synagogue.

“There is an active shooter in the area of WILKINS and Shady,” the Pittsburgh Public Safety Department initially said in a tweet. “Avoid the area. More info will be released when it is available.”

According to CBS, there are eight reported dead with up to 12 wounded — including 3 police officers.

According to a CNN report, the man was reportedly carrying an AR-style weapon as well as two handguns and made anti-Semitic comments.

The alleged shooter shouted, “All Jews must die” upon entering the synagogue, reports KDKA.

“The gunman in the Pittsburgh synagogue shooting, who has been described only as a white male with a beard, surrendered after an exchange of gunfire with police. At least 8 people have been confirmed dead”
https://www.rawstory.com/2018/10/active ... synagogue/
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

Shooter taken into custody at Pittsburgh synagogue with eight reported fatalities

Here we go again.
According to BNO, there was a shooting at a Pittsburgh-area synagogue that left at least 8 dead and others wounded.

The report states the incident began just before 10 a.m. at the Tree of Life Congregation Synagogue.

“There is an active shooter in the area of WILKINS and Shady,” the Pittsburgh Public Safety Department initially said in a tweet. “Avoid the area. More info will be released when it is available.”

According to CBS, there are eight reported dead with up to 12 wounded — including 3 police officers.

According to a CNN report, the man was reportedly carrying an AR-style weapon as well as two handguns and made anti-Semitic comments.

The alleged shooter shouted, “All Jews must die” upon entering the synagogue, reports KDKA.

“The gunman in the Pittsburgh synagogue shooting, who has been described only as a white male with a beard, surrendered after an exchange of gunfire with police. At least 8 people have been confirmed dead”
https://www.rawstory.com/2018/10/active ... synagogue/
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

Re: Shooter taken into custody at Pittsburgh synagogue with eight reported fatalities

8 Dead, Several Others Shot At Pittsburgh Synagogue
“These senseless acts of violence are not who we are as Americans. My thoughts right now are focused on the victims, their families and making sure law enforcement has every resource they need.

“We must all pray and hope for no more loss of life. But we have been saying “this one is too many” for far too long. Dangerous weapons are putting our citizens in harm’s way.

“And in the aftermath of this tragedy, we must come together and take action to prevent these tragedies in the future. We cannot accept this violence as normal.”
sbɐɯ ʎʇıɔɐdɐɔ pɹɐpuɐʇs ɟo ןןnɟ ǝɟɐs
ɯɯ6 bdd ɹǝɥʇןɐʍ
13ʞ
"ǝuıqɹɐɔ 1ɐ4ɯ" dɯɐʇsןןoɹ --- ɯoɔos0269ǝן ʇןoɔ
"ǝuıqɹɐɔ ʇuǝɯǝɔɹoɟuǝ ʍɐן sʇןoɔ" dɯɐʇsןןoɹ --- 0269ǝן ʇןoɔ
(béɟ) 59-pɯɐ

Re: Shooter taken into custody at Pittsburgh synagogue with eight reported fatalities

The shooter's Twitter GAB account before it was pulled.

http://archive.is/k63LE
Robert Bowers @onedingo

2 hours ago
HIAS likes to bring invaders in that kill our people.
I can't sit by and watch my people get slaughtered.
Screw your optics, I'm going in.
You're not alone, YT.

What a way to start the day. :cry:
Last edited by AndyH on Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Of course Donnie has a comment.
Speaking to reporters, President Donald Trump said that the shooting had "little to do" with gun laws and that the shooter could have been stopped if the synagogue had armed protection. "This has little to do with (gun laws) if you take a look," Trump said when asked about gun rights. "If they'd had protection inside, the result would have been a lot better." "Maybe it could have been a very much different situation," he added.

He suggested that holy places might want to consider armed protection. "They had a maniac walk in and they didn't have any protection and that is just so sad to see," he said. "The results could have been much better." He also said that people like this should receive the death penalty and called for its heightened use. "I think they should very much bring the death penalty into vogue," he said.
https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/pittsb ... index.html
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

About every half-century there arises a vicious, psychopathic, delusion virus saying "Jews are the fault of all the troubles in the world and we need to wipe them out!"
We've been about 20 years "overdue" for the pogrom, holocaust mentality to arise again.

Trump the Chump: Usual "Thoughts and Prayers" bullshit and said they should have had armed people inside. Then he was off to another campaign rally--because NOTHING in the world is more important than getting his "LOCK HER UP!" crowd-chant "fix".
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

AndyH wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:52 pm The shooter's Twitter account before it was pulled.

http://archive.is/k63LE
Robert Bowers @onedingo

2 hours ago
HIAS likes to bring invaders in that kill our people.
I can't sit by and watch my people get slaughtered.
Screw your optics, I'm going in.
You're not alone, YT.

Thanks, Andy. I'm sick to my stomach and SO angry! This could have been my town, my brother's synagogue, my brother's-in-law....and I've been expecting and dreading it.
It's not that I'm not sickened and outraged and angry at shooting at churches, mosques and Sikh temples--I am, but this is even closer to home.

YankeeTarheel wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:34 pm
AndyH wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:52 pm <snip>

You're not alone, YT.

Thanks, Andy. I'm sick to my stomach and SO angry! This could have been my town, my brother's synagogue, my brother's-in-law....and I've been expecting and dreading it.
It's not that I'm not sickened and outraged and angry at shooting at churches, mosques and Sikh temples--I am, but this is even closer to home.
I'm with you, brother. Sick to my stomach and jumping between anger and frustrated tears.

harriss wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:29 pm This is why speech is action and words have consequences which Humpty Trumpty doesn't seem to understand. He is the one who is inciting violence among his followers.

I disagree with Pelosi. If the Democrats win a majority in the House of Representatives they should move to impeach Humpty Trumpty immediately for inciting violence, which is a felony.
Trumpty Dumpty could be civilly liable if one applies the precedent of the suit brought against Tom Metzger by the family of Mulugeta Seraw who was murdered by white supremacists. His literature and speeches were deemed to have incited the murderers to action even though Metzger had no direct hand or issued orders.
Cynistoicureanism: The world view best expressed by "I can't trust 'em any farther then I can throw 'em, There's nothing I can do about it anyway, So let's have a drink".

This is truly terrible. I hope the reports of fatalities are overstated.

Trump seems to think everyone can afford (and should have) enough armed guards everywhere they go. He wants more guards and faster executions rather than compassion and unity.

I wonder when or if his supporters will start to think attacks on synagogues (and black churches) are a sign of something they shouldn't support. I wonder why the "evangelical" leaders around Trump are not shouting about these attacks on places of worship.

Rant over.
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

The Tree of Life synagogue is a Conservative Jewish congregation, according to its website. It's in Squirrel Hill, a historic Jewish neighborhood. The synagogue has a Shabbat service at 9:45 a.m. Saturdays, the website said. Michael Eisenberg, the immediate past president of the Tree of Life congregation, said three congregations -- Tree of Life, New Light and Dor Hadash -- would have been holding simultaneous services in the building on a typical Saturday. There would usually would be about 40 people attending the Tree of Life service in the "main part of the building," Eisenberg said. In the basement below, New Light's service would also have about 30 to 40 people. And the Dor Hadash congregation in the rabbi's study room would have about 15 people, he said. "On a day like today, the door is open," Eisenberg told a reporter for CNN affiliate KDKA. "It's a religious service. You could walk in and out. Only on the high holidays is there a police presence at the entrance."

When he was the congregation's president, security was a "major concern," Eisenberg said. The congregation had worked with the Department of Homeland Security to evaluate its exit routes, he said, and consulted a securities expert at the Jewish Federation about what to do in an active shooter situation. "We were working with the other synagogues on what to do if something horrific like this happened," he said. Tree of Life's former rabbi, Chuck Diamond, told KDKA, "Jews come late to services, so for a lot of people that's probably a good thing today." "This is what you dread hearing," he said, adding he was concerned for those who might have arrived at the service on time, most of whom would have been older.
https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/27/us/pitts ... index.html

Ten people were killed in the shooting inside Pittsburgh’s Tree of Life Synagogue on Saturday morning, Pittsburgh City Councilman Corey O’Connor’s Chief of Staff Curt Conrad told CNN.
Robert Bowers, the suspect in the Pittsburgh synagogue shooting, has an active license to carry a firearm, according to a law enforcement official familiar with the investigation. Bowers has made at least six known firearm purchases since 1996, the source said.
https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/pittsb ... index.html
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

AndyH wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:27 pm It looks like this murderer, based on his social media posts, was initially a Trump supporter that became disenfranchised because the President isn't doing enough to promote alt-right causes. He's a QAnon alum as well.
I wasn't familiar with that group, they are far, far right.
http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2017/12/ ... ained.html

I cannot believe the shooter made it out alive.

What a terrible week. It doesn't make me feel safer, but it doesn't surprise me at all.

I am hearing a lot about gun control today on the news. Not a lot about right-wing terrorists. It is really disheartening. They seem just as shocked about the shooter's gun posts as his venomous posts.
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt