NRA firearm’s instructor arrested for selling forged concealed carry licenses

Authorities in Ohio arrested a National Rifle Association instructor for allegedly forging carrying a concealed weapon (CCW) training certificates.

The Portage County Sheriff’s Office charged Anthony P. Drago, 47, with 12 felony charges.

The allegations include four counts of tampering with records, four counts of falsification to obtain a CCW permit and four counts of forgery, WKYC reports.

Drago was arraigned Monday morning and released on $20,000 bond.
https://www.rawstory.com/2018/12/busted ... -licenses/

I know he isn’t employed by NRA but it still gives them a black mark and questioning by the non gun owning public.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

Re: NRA firearm’s instructor arrested for selling forged concealed carry licenses

TrueTexan wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:45 pm
Authorities in Ohio arrested a National Rifle Association instructor for allegedly forging carrying a concealed weapon (CCW) training certificates.

The Portage County Sheriff’s Office charged Anthony P. Drago, 47, with 12 felony charges.

The allegations include four counts of tampering with records, four counts of falsification to obtain a CCW permit and four counts of forgery, WKYC reports.

Drago was arraigned Monday morning and released on $20,000 bond.
https://www.rawstory.com/2018/12/busted ... -licenses/

I know he isn’t employed by NRA but it still gives them a black mark and questioning by the non gun owning public.
It could also be possibly said mission accomplished for RawStory. I'd guess Portage County has requirements for approved courses for CCW. The NRA probably has courses which would meet some or all those requirements. I seriously doubt Portage County insists on the courses be given only by an NRA Certified Instructor.

To anyone who thinks this should be a black eye to the NRA I would point out this seems to be an isolated incident and I know of many many incidences where County Sheriffs have been accused of "selling" or awarding CCW permits to those with connections.

Some people see the NRA = evil, some think trump is MAGA. Maybe somebody thinks both. :shock: :shock: :yikes: