Pink Pistols Nat'l Coordinator takes issue with claim by firearm prohibition activist

The tweet in question was from 1/26, and there have been many retorts issued--usually in the form of other tweets no one reads. But this is a piece by Erin Palette of Pink Pistols.

Of course, the real question _should be_ why the media let it pass unchallenged in the first place.
No, David Hogg, Minority And LGBT People Did Not Start The Anti-Gun Movement
As the national coordinator for the Pink Pistols, the largest U.S. pro-queer gun group that was founded under the principle “Armed queers don’t get bashed,” I found Hogg’s statement not just wrong, but completely careless in its inaccuracy, and therefore callous to the injustice done to those people whom he is claiming to champion.

Hogg speaks of “centuries of gun violence prevention.” I have no idea how he arrived at this number, and I doubt anyone else does, either. If there is a history book that tells the story of how non-white queer women and transwomen started a gun control movement in 1820, then I would very much like to read it.

I specify the year 1820 because Hogg’s use of the plural for century indicates a minimum of 200 years, and the United States will be only 244 years old this July 4. In the 44-year period between 1776 and 1820, our country was nearly always at war, including the Revolutionary War, the Franco-American Naval War, the Barbary Wars, the War of 1812, and the Creek War. During that time our nation still relied upon militias composed of volunteers with privately owned rifles and pistols. So restricting arms only to those citizens who belonged to a standing army would not only have severely hampered a fledgling America’s struggle for existence both on home soil and abroad, but gun control as we know it today would have been an alien concept to American colonists and early citizens.