CA looking to ban lead ammo at ranges

This bill would prohibit a sport shooting range or an indoor shooting range, as defined, from selling or giving away ammunition unless that ammunition is certified as nonlead ammunition by the commission. The bill would also prohibit patrons or employees of a sport shooting range or an indoor shooting range from firing ammunition unless it is nonlead certified and would require a sport shooting range and an indoor shooting range to post a specified sign to that effect.
https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/face ... 0200AB3071

Re: CA looking to ban lead ammo at ranges

Absurd.

ETA: This has to be challenged on a factual basis. If the lead can be measured, it can be regulated. It's easy to measure the lead left in an animal after it's shot, so that means it can be regulated. Now, outdoor ranges should measure their lead levels, say, ten feet outside the boundaries. No lead, no ban. Same with indoor. If you can measure it, you have to make your ventilation better, not ban the lead.

This has to be challenged by facts so it can be killed in committee. Moreover, there's a huge "lawful commerce" argument here, as well as all kinds of interstate troubles. Kill it before it spreads.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

Not surprised, Dem politicians in Sacto fiddle while we still haven't solved the homeless, drug, fire and all the other problems in the state. I for one am happy that the 9th Circuit is changing and other federal courts, where we might see some favorable rulings for gun owners.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

highdesert wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:33 pm Not surprised, Dem politicians in Sacto fiddle while we still haven't solved the homeless, drug, fire and all the other problems in the state. I for one am happy that the 9th Circuit is changing and other federal courts, where we might see some favorable rulings for gun owners.
Too bad other areas will suffer. I'd love a nonpolitical court. I guess "balanced" is as good as we'll get.

Especially since air quality (for indoor ranges) is already heavily regulated. If there is an issue at your local range, OSHA and the EPA want to know about it. And the EPA also covers outdoor shooting ranges and environmental issues. FFS.
“Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.”
- Maya Angelou