Re: Metro employee shot in apparent road rage attack

He drove from the Pentagon to Federal Triangle Metro? In traffic? That's hard!

I can understand road rage on i-395 in front of the Pentagon! I STILL remember commuting in, with either my fiancee or wife (same woman-married in '87) riding pillion on our 650 Maxim and a woman with diplomatic plates in a big, black BMW cut left from our right across 5 lanes of traffic to go northwest. I braked so hard the front wheel was shuttering and she still only missed it by 3 feet and kept on going. I had to pull over I was shaking so much. Same place. 395 (the Shirley Highway) right in front of the Pentagon. She would have killed us, and NOTHING would have happened to her-- "Diplomatic Immunity!" Had I a gun it would have been VERY tempting!

Back then, diplomats were the scariest drivers as they had total immunity. Not so much as they are expected to follow traffic laws or lose their plates.
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

Re: Metro employee shot in apparent road rage attack

An almost fact free story... the only reason I can think of to drive from the Pentagon to Federal Triangle while suffering from a gunshot wound is to have more time to think of a plausible version of what happened that wouldn't end in being charged. I'd bet the police are looking at the Metro guy's cellphone records carefully.
I: ALL GUNS ARE ALWAYS LOADED
II: NEVER LET THE MUZZLE COVER ANYTHING YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO DESTROY
III: KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER UNTIL YOUR SIGHTS ARE ON THE TARGET
IV: BE SURE OF YOUR TARGET AND WHAT'S BEHIND IT