How to glue paper to glass?

I need to print some labels with an office printer and glue them to glass bottles and jars. Any suggestions for glue that's cheap, quick, won't make toner or ballpoint pen bleed much and won't fall off the first time someone picks up the bottle?

This can't be that hard, because beer bottles, but I just don't know the trick...
IMR4227: Zero to 900 in 0.001 seconds

I'm only killing paper and my self-esteem.

Re: How to glue paper to glass?

Mason wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:48 pm Clear packing tape.
Yep. Make the labels smaller than the tape so the tape covers the whole paper. Or Sharpie, took off with acetone.

You could also etch it into the glass using Jewish space lasers. Pricey, though.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

Rubber cement. Thin layer on the glass. Wait for it to dry. Stick on your paper label.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

Avery Labels. Search their web site for labels. Down load their program, find a printable label that will hold your info. They have adhesive peel backing and stick good. I've used them for years for shipping labels, business cards, stick-ons that are same as my business card. Office stores generally have a great selection of Avery labels.

https://www.avery.com/templates
"Being Republican is more than a difference of opinion - it's a character flaw." "COVID can fix STUPID!"
The greatest, most aggrieved mistake EVER made in USA was electing DJT as POTUS.

This is a throwback a few decades, but here goes...

I recall (vaguely) mention of condensed milk being used to glue flyers, notices, etc, to light poles, windows, etc. Used like a runny wallpaper paste, supposedly it is extremely tenacious when dry, requiring removal methods as extreme as steam cleaning or high-temp pressure washers.

If I recall correctly, it was in either Abbie Hoffman's "Steal This Book" or the "Anarchist Cookbook". (It's one of those little facts which may or may not come in handy someday.)
"...no religious Test shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust under the United States." ― Article VI, United States Constitution