On videos.

Not really a how to, but several times I've tried to post a video and it won't load because they are too large. Has the requirement changed? I can remember posting some similar size ones before. A 3MB limit is not much for any video.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

Re: On videos.

I think the best way to post a video is to upload it to a regular video service, like Youtube or Vimeo, and then post the link here. Our server only has bare minimal support for serving videos to people and changing that would be a lot of work for little gain.
106+ recreational uses of firearms
1 defensive use
0 people injured
0 people killed

Re: On videos.

Eris wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 1:13 pm I think the best way to post a video is to upload it to a regular video service, like Youtube or Vimeo, and then post the link here. Our server only has bare minimal support for serving videos to people and changing that would be a lot of work for little gain.
Yes, but am I mistaken that this was a change? I recall being able to load videos of equal size before. As for YouTube or Vimeo I’m not sure I want my gun related videos floating outside of this forum or this circle. I haven’t checked if there’s a cost involved, but that’s also a no. If videos are no longer encouraged here that’s also fine.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.