Re: CMP

sikacz wrote:
Bacchus wrote:
sikacz wrote:What is our affiliate number? I can't seem to see it. I see my membership number, but no CMP affiliate number.
When I went to the CMP to order ammo, I was required to demonstrate membership in an affiliate org. I did the whole thing through email and the person I was dealing with was very responsive. I printed my membership page from where you log in to see your profile- on the LGC main membership page, not the forum. You might want to make that inquiry to the CMP about that via email- they may suggest that you print that page and attach it to your Garand order form.

P.S. They indicated to me that once I was in their system, I was good to go for future purchases.

P.P.S. So, you are getting a Garand, eh? Hate you. ;) Ping!
Gathering paper work. It's filled out and printed. Going to see about the notary, our office manager is one. I'll see if she'll do it. Forgot to copy my CHL, I'll do that Monday or perhaps I'll do it tomorrow. I looked at the membership page...I did print my invoice that says I'm a member till December 2020. I'll get it done this weekend. This baby is going forward! :beer2: Next time you want to visit it's range time!
:yahoo:

I do need to live closer...
"I am not a number, I am a free man!" - Number Six

Bacchus wrote:
sikacz wrote:
Bacchus wrote:
sikacz wrote:What is our affiliate number? I can't seem to see it. I see my membership number, but no CMP affiliate number.
When I went to the CMP to order ammo, I was required to demonstrate membership in an affiliate org. I did the whole thing through email and the person I was dealing with was very responsive. I printed my membership page from where you log in to see your profile- on the LGC main membership page, not the forum. You might want to make that inquiry to the CMP about that via email- they may suggest that you print that page and attach it to your Garand order form.

P.S. They indicated to me that once I was in their system, I was good to go for future purchases.

P.P.S. So, you are getting a Garand, eh? Hate you. ;) Ping!
Gathering paper work. It's filled out and printed. Going to see about the notary, our office manager is one. I'll see if she'll do it. Forgot to copy my CHL, I'll do that Monday or perhaps I'll do it tomorrow. I looked at the membership page...I did print my invoice that says I'm a member till December 2020. I'll get it done this weekend. This baby is going forward! :beer2: Next time you want to visit it's range time!
:yahoo:

I do need to live closer...
Yep!

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

So, who can explain why my membership expires before my renewal date? I don't want confusion when I send in my paperwork.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.
Attachments
IMG_3989.JPG
IMG_3988.JPG

Above cleared up, the date was added because CMP sort of wanted one. Last of my paper work will be done tomorrow and off to the mailbox!

Attachments
IMG_4008.JPG

Bacchus wrote:Gah! I can't stand the anticipation, and it's not even mine! :shock:
I wonder if it's going to be a two to four month wait? :cry:

Inquisitor wrote:The expiration date is on there because people were having trouble ordering without it. I cycle them every fall. I will find the affiliate number.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
I sent mine in with the membership info only. And the other info. Hopefully they will ask if the affiliate number is something they want.

Grumble grumble mumble mumble

All this talk of M1s got me to lusting after one. I was going to be good and put off the purchase for a while, but then hickock45 posted a video comparing the M1 and M1A, and that made me want an M1 even more!

Filled out the paperwork. Just need to get it notarized and in the mail tomorrow.
106+ recreational uses of firearms
1 defensive use
0 people injured
0 people killed

Eris wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:12 pm Grumble grumble mumble mumble

All this talk of M1s got me to lusting after one. I was going to be good and put off the purchase for a while, but then hickock45 posted a video comparing the M1 and M1A, and that made me want an M1 even more!

Filled out the paperwork. Just need to get it notarized and in the mail tomorrow.
Very good!

Eris are you applying to purchase the service grade?!
I did. Since they say it has a 2 to 4 month waiting period it will be interesting to see when they start shipping. I think we're going to have a Texas Chapter Garand shoot meet!

Yes I ordered the service grade. in fact, that being the best grade available was part of what got me to order one - the supplies are only getting more and more limited as time goes by.
1 defensive use
0 people injured
0 people killed

i bought my garand about 20 years ago, early .42 springfield armory mostly, at a gun store. at the time the price seemed high, especially for a blue sky korean re-import. but in retrospect, i'm glad i did. it was lovingly reworked by a series of armorers over the years before i got it, and has only malfunctioned once, a worn out clip latch release spring, in all those years. it was my first modern firearm, and my first firearm repair. it will probably be among the last of my guns that i will part with. and i'm glad i've had it so long, and if it means there's one more cmp rifle for you guys and gals to get, it's all good. powpow, powpow, powpow, powpow, chingggclang!
i'm retired. what's your excuse?

Still waiting to see if I get a purchase invoice. A bit stressing. Side issue, anyone sign on to the CMP forum? I signed on 10 days ago and still no posting privileges. I'm starting to wonder if there is a connection between no posting and no invoice.

sikacz wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:09 pm Still waiting to see if I get a purchase invoice. A bit stressing. Side issue, anyone sign on to the CMP forum? I signed on 10 days ago and still no posting privileges. I'm starting to wonder if there is a connection between no posting and no invoice.
I expect the CMP is perpetually understaffed. Give it a bit more time. That 2-4 month wait they list probably includes plenty of time devoted to having your order form sit in an in box somewhere. :D
1 defensive use
0 people injured
0 people killed

Eris wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:10 pm
sikacz wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:09 pm Still waiting to see if I get a purchase invoice. A bit stressing. Side issue, anyone sign on to the CMP forum? I signed on 10 days ago and still no posting privileges. I'm starting to wonder if there is a connection between no posting and no invoice.
I expect the CMP is perpetually understaffed. Give it a bit more time. That 2-4 month wait they list probably includes plenty of time devoted to having your order form sit in an in box somewhere. :D
Eris, did you sign on to their forum? Also have you made an e-store account yet?

sikacz wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:25 pm
Eris, did you sign on to their forum? Also have you made an e-store account yet?
No to both. I didn't even know they had a forum, and there's nothing in the store that I need right now (later maybe).
1 defensive use
0 people injured
0 people killed

Eris wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:46 pm
sikacz wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:25 pm
No to both. I didn't even know they had a forum, and there's nothing in the store that I need right now (later maybe).
Supposedly your e-store account would let you know when your invoiced and when it ships. But, they should have your e-mail so I'm not sure how necessary it is. The forum seems to be interesting for miscellaneous things like asking general questions. Again no first hand knowledge since I can not ask any questions. I may just sit back a few days and not visit any forums.

I'm a CMP member.

They do a dog & pony show in the quarterly rag about thousands of Turk & Korean rifles, how they spent $7M on some.

None of them show up fer sale.

Bupkis.

SR
"Oozing charm from every pore, he oiled his way around the floor."