Re: CMP

sikacz wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:00 pm
Eris wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:56 pm Finally got an email response from CMP. But it tells me absolutely nothing. They did NOT confirm they had received my order, they just said they are backlogged. Well no shit, Sherlock.

One guy on the CMP forums said he got some traction by calling on the phone and asking to add something to his order and that got them to actually pull up the order and look at it. I might try that if I still haven't heard anything by Monday.
I wouldn't worry much. How many days now? Did you send by priority mail?
No priority mail. It's been 50 days now.
106+ recreational uses of firearms
1 defensive use
0 people injured
0 people killed

Eris wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:25 pm
Eris wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:56 pm Finally got an email response from CMP. But it tells me absolutely nothing. They did NOT confirm they had received my order, they just said they are backlogged. Well no shit, Sherlock.

One guy on the CMP forums said he got some traction by calling on the phone and asking to add something to his order and that got them to actually pull up the order and look at it. I might try that if I still haven't heard anything by Monday.
Without priority estimate a week off or more. They should be getting to yours soon. They do say a month to two. Buy some ammo and order miscellaneous M1 Garand stuff. It helped me. It'll give you something else to follow and think about.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

sikacz wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:44 pm

Without priority estimate a week off or more. They should be getting to yours soon. They do say a month to two. Buy some ammo and order miscellaneous M1 Garand stuff. It helped me. It'll give you something else to follow and think about.
LOL. I already bought ammo and a replacement gas plug to make sure I'll be OK if I accidentally buy non-Garand safe ammo at some point.
1 defensive use
0 people injured
0 people killed

Eris wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:53 pm
sikacz wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:44 pm
LOL. I already bought ammo and a replacement gas plug to make sure I'll be OK if I accidentally buy non-Garand safe ammo at some point.
.....how about a muzzle guide or an orange thingy!

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.
Attachments
IMG_4777.JPG

I've actually been waiting to hear from CMP before i buy anything else, but I suppose i should start making a shopping list at least.
1 defensive use
0 people injured
0 people killed

Eris wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:09 pm I've actually been waiting to hear from CMP before i buy anything else, but I suppose i should start making a shopping list at least.
If you checked things you'll get your rifle soon. If info is missing they will let you know when your envelope reaches the top or bottom. They could have a huge stack and always take the last one, who knows. Yes, I'd think ahead and make a list and even buy. How is the wait thread doing at CMP forum? Any sign of people talking that sent in around the same time? I recall a few that were two weeks before me and were still waiting to hear something.

sikacz wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:18 pm
Eris wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:09 pm I've actually been waiting to hear from CMP before i buy anything else, but I suppose i should start making a shopping list at least.
If you checked things you'll get your rifle soon. If info is missing they will let you know when your envelope reaches the top or bottom. They could have a huge stack and always take the last one, who knows. Yes, I'd think ahead and make a list and even buy. How is the wait thread doing at CMP forum? Any sign of people talking that sent in around the same time? I recall a few that were two weeks before me and were still waiting to hear something.
Right now I'm seeing people that ordered after me who already have their rifles. It's not a good sign. I wish the email I got from CMP had at least said "we do/do not have your order" but they blew me off.
1 defensive use
0 people injured
0 people killed

Eris wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:13 pm
sikacz wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:18 pm
Right now I'm seeing people that ordered after me who already have their rifles. It's not a good sign. I wish the email I got from CMP had at least said "we do/do not have your order" but they blew me off.
Just call then. Tell 'em that you're seeing people that sent their paperwork in weeks after you and you'd like to know if there is an issue with your packet. They are not very verbose in e-mail responses. It's not like going to ask stuff from a for profit corporation. Be clear and precise. Stay positive.

It's about time! Finally got an email from CMP with my customer number and order confirmation. No ship date yet, but should be soon now.
1 defensive use
0 people injured
0 people killed

Eris wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:25 pm It's about time! Finally got an email from CMP with my customer number and order confirmation. No ship date yet, but should be soon now.
You'll have your rifle shipped to your home sometime next week. Remember that an adult needs to sign for it. Congrats!

featureless wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:13 pm
Eris wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:25 pm It's about time! Finally got an email from CMP with my customer number and order confirmation. No ship date yet, but should be soon now.
:yahoo:
At first I was grumpy about it because it took so long, but now that it's happening I'm starting to smile a bit. Time to go shopping for all the accessories I need!
1 defensive use
0 people injured
0 people killed

Eris wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:34 pm
featureless wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:13 pm
:yahoo:
At first I was grumpy about it because it took so long, but now that it's happening I'm starting to smile a bit. Time to go shopping for all the accessories I need!
Catalyst mentioned his first took about 3 months.

It's not the wait that bothered me. They say up front to expect it to take 2-4 months. The thing that bothered me was not knowing whether or not my order had been received. I wish they'd open their mail and enter your order in their computer sooner.
1 defensive use
0 people injured
0 people killed

Eris wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:21 pm It's not the wait that bothered me. They say up front to expect it to take 2-4 months. The thing that bothered me was not knowing whether or not my order had been received. I wish they'd open their mail and enter your order in their computer sooner.
I think the way their process works they pretty much don't enter or even look much at your papers until they are ready to put it in and so on. Next time I'll be less stressed.

sikacz wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:34 pm
Eris wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:21 pm It's not the wait that bothered me. They say up front to expect it to take 2-4 months. The thing that bothered me was not knowing whether or not my order had been received. I wish they'd open their mail and enter your order in their computer sooner.
I think the way their process works they pretty much don't enter or even look much at your papers until they are ready to put it in and so on. Next time I'll be less stressed.
"Next time". Is your M1 acting lonely? Does it need a companion to keep it warm on winter nights in the safe? :D

I don't think I'll ever have a second M1, myself, but I'm curious about the upcoming 1911's.
1 defensive use
0 people injured
0 people killed

Eris wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:44 pm
sikacz wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:34 pm
"Next time". Is your M1 acting lonely? Does it need a companion to keep it warm on winter nights in the safe? :D

I don't think I'll ever have a second M1, myself, but I'm curious about the upcoming 1911's.
Yes to all including the 1911!

Eris wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:23 pm My rifle is now in the hands of FedEX in Eastaboga, AL. Should be delivered on Monday.
Excellent! What vintage?

sikacz wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:23 pm
Eris wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:23 pm My rifle is now in the hands of FedEX in Eastaboga, AL. Should be delivered on Monday.
Excellent! What vintage?
I have no idea. I'll have to wait until it gets here to find out.

[EDIT] Ah wait, they put the serial number in the order details. 5900375 According to the fulton-armory.com site (http://fulton-armory.com/faqs/M1G-FAQs/tea/m1serial.htm) that makes it sometime post WWII made by Springfield.
Last edited by Eris on Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1 defensive use
0 people injured
0 people killed

Eris wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:30 pm
sikacz wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:23 pm
Excellent! What vintage?
I have no idea. I'll have to wait until it gets here to find out.
They must have mentioned a serial number. Go to your e-Store account.
Then check this:
http://myplace.frontier.com/~aleccorapinski/id11.html
This is fun! By the way, we're going to have a Texas Chapter Garand Day!