Re: Crappy guns that shoot great - Share your stories!

CaptainShankypants wrote:
lurker wrote:
CaptainShankypants wrote:Looks like I'll have to add my Taurus TCP to the list. Had the trigger transfer bushing snap off on me, had to re-cut the sear engagement angle (wow is it crap in some of the internals!) but the damn thing will put holes in holes at 15 yards with White Box .380's out of a barrel barely longer than the cartridge. And it needs a new recoil spring. Granted, it's got 1000+ rounds through it, but...
no, this is just wrong. you do not talk about a gun without posting a picture. couple of posts up is an example of the confusion that can result.
LOL! Fair enough-- here's the Crappy Gun in question along with a target from yesterday. 4 rounds at 7 yds. The flier was all me...
What is that you have around the grip? I also have one of these turds, I can’t post a picture because I had to send it back to the factory for repair, I couldn’t get through one clip without it jamming.

bmurph44 wrote:
lurker wrote:
CaptainShankypants wrote:Looks like I'll have to add my Taurus TCP to the list. Had the trigger transfer bushing snap off on me, had to re-cut the sear engagement angle (wow is it crap in some of the internals!) but the damn thing will put holes in holes at 15 yards with White Box .380's out of a barrel barely longer than the cartridge. And it needs a new recoil spring. Granted, it's got 1000+ rounds through it, but...
no, this is just wrong. you do not talk about a gun without posting a picture. couple of posts up is an example of the confusion that can result.
LOL! Fair enough-- here's the Crappy Gun in question along with a target from yesterday. 4 rounds at 7 yds. The flier was all me...
What is that you have around the grip? I also have one of these turds, I can’t post a picture because I had to send it back to the factory for repair, I couldn’t get through one clip without it jamming.
It's a Hogue Handall Grip Sleeve; it adds a slight palmswell that really helps with grip. As to the jamming, I stick with FMJ 95gn. ball ammo and she'll run all day. Where does it jam? FTE, FTF...?

bmurph44 wrote:What is that you have around the grip? I also have one of these turds, I can’t post a picture because I had to send it back to the factory for repair, I couldn’t get through one clip without it jamming.
It's a Hogue Handall Grip Sleeve; it adds a slight palmswell that really helps with grip. As to the jamming, I stick with FMJ 95gn. ball ammo and she'll run all day. Where does it jam? FTE, FTF...?
I’m not sure what FTE or FTF means, it jams when the live round is going from the clip into the chamber. I was told by the dealer they had lots of problems with these and Taurus would likely keep the gun and offer me a credit towards a new one, I feel a screwing in my future as I was only able to shoot 22 rounds of ammo through it.

CaptainShankypants wrote:FTE is Failure To Eject. FTF is Failure To Feed, which is what you're describing. Earlier models (A through D in the serial number and prior) had a feed ramp cut slightly differently. The round would FTF when it came off the magazine follower due to the weird shape. If they give you credit I'd stay away from the Auto-Loaders and put it towards a revolver.
I already have nice SW 38 Special Bodyguard revolver, any other suggestions in a decent carry semi auto?