Re: Want to decorate a 1911 barrel bushing

pokute wrote:I'm sure somebody here has some idea of a cool way to decorate a barrel bushing. Something short of engraving, which I'm never going to be able to do. Anything with files that would look special? I'm considering an M52 look... Any other ideas?
There is a guy around me that does lazer engraving . he does names on sidles, both sides in whatever font you want for around $75.
Thats what he wanted to put Wild Bill on the slide of the compact 45 my dad made.

If you have someone like that around you maybe you could have it engraved?

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk
This is just my opinion, yours may vary and is no less valid.
- Me -

"I will never claim to be an expert, and it has been my experience that self proclaimed experts are usually self proclaimed."
-Me-

I must proof read more

senorgrand wrote:https://youtu.be/5KmnVLU304w

Dremel and some patience.
Ive been trying to do that for years. Not as easy to do well , as it looks.
I buy Cratex rods in different diameters at around 5 inches long. The i took brass and aluminum tubing that the cratex slips into, put a spring in it, and use that to keep pressure and feeding cratex while I jewel /engine turn/ Rose turn it . depends on what you like to call it.

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk
This is just my opinion, yours may vary and is no less valid.
- Me -

"I will never claim to be an expert, and it has been my experience that self proclaimed experts are usually self proclaimed."
-Me-

I must proof read more

Don't really go for the engine turned look. The vines are cool, and have the added benefit of keeping folks from removing the bushing :yikes:

I'm thinking now I'm going to go the lacquer, scratch, and etch method. I've got a friend who does miniature work who can do the scratching, and then after etching I can enamel in colors! This is gonna be fun!