I'm a chisler!

I've been playing around with itty bitty hammer and chisels lately. I try to do something every few days and I'm already making some progress. I'm still waiting on some magnifiers of suitable strength. I've done most of this stuff with my regular readers. The flowers are numbered in order that I did them. The brass rounds are one inch and the steel squares are half inch.
flower 1.jpg
flower 2.jpg
flower 3.jpg

Re: I'm a chisler!

Very nice!
All religions united with government are more or less inimical to liberty. All, separated from government, are compatible with liberty.-Henry Clay
Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms.—Aristotle

I'm a little torn between wanting to do stuff like rose and scroll, and feeling like the world is full of that stuff and maybe I should do something that isn't the same as all the other gun engraving that's out there. For now, just lots of practice and learning.

Excellent work. :love:

The screw head is very interesting, it reminds me of early 1900's sewing machine hardware.

Maybe try copying a presidential portrait from a bill sometime, that is what a guy I knew did on custom money clips.

Subs
"Oozing charm from every pore, he oiled his way around the floor."

Your designs are very beautiful, reminiscent of traditional Japanese family crests but modern at the same time.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

Wanna practice on a 1911 slide?
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi