Re: Dual 1911 shoulder rig

eelj wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:27 am I like your choice of stamps for the borders, makes a very pleasing pattern.
Yeah, me too! This kind of art is way out of my wheelhouse. It's really cool watching 321 make these kind of choices.

Did I mention that I'm never taking this thing off? Where I can't carry guns I'll carry a bottles of Coke and hot sauce.
I don't like to think of my self as an artist so much as someone who stares at empty spaces and imagines s--t.

Bucolic wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:58 am This process is really fun to watch but we don’t need a picture of a naked Klown wearing it. Even the idea can’t be un-imagined.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Come on....like you never wondered how far down my chest the clown makeup goes.....
I don't like to think of my self as an artist so much as someone who stares at empty spaces and imagines s--t.

Thank you for sharing this project with us. As one who did a little leatherwork in my youth and have nothing to show for it but a couple of deep scars, I can appreciate.

Klown and others planning to use these, be sure to buy your jackets roomy. No more Jared Kushner fitted suits for you!
"To initiate a war of aggression...is the supreme international crime" - Nuremberg prosecutor Robert Jackson, 1946

I took the more narrow end of the snakeskin (head or tail, hard to say), and cut off about 10 inches, which we will set aside to use later when we get to the holsters. This ensure the width of the hide will be roughly even for the next two cuts, which will be the inlays for the straps.

Apply cement adhesive to both contact surfaces.

Place the inlays. I oriented them so the curve in the window of the strap is oriented the same direction as the curve of the belly scales on the hide.

Once the snakeskin is laid in, I use a thick piece of scrap leather as a drift/cushion and go over the whole skin to make sure it’s glued in solid.

Use the xacto knife to trim out the excess skin. Mark holes, punch them through, then set the rivets. Now you can really see where this is going.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Listen to the LGC podcast: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the ... 80021?mt=2

"None of us is as smart as all of us." - K. Blanchard

Jeebus, this is really starting to take on a leather fetish tone. I hope Klown won't have to wear a "gimp mask" when he walks around town carrying Cholula and Tapatio.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

Bisbee wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:43 am Jeebus, this is really starting to take on a leather fetish tone. I hope Klown won't have to wear a "gimp mask" when he walks around town carrying Cholula and Tapatio.
I can make that happen.

These are gonna be magnificent.