How to sell my guns?

I want to get out of 10 mm, since I'm just not enjoying either of those pistols. So I have two guns, some brass and reloads, two boxes of factory ammo, lots of 10/40 projectiles and dies to get rid of. Luckily, 10 mm seems to be enjoying a slight resurgence in popularity now.

Any wise words on how to handle payment, etc. for the guns, if I can't find a local cash buyer?. The fodder doesn't worry me, but the details of a remote transaction for private-to-private gun sales are a mystery.
IMR4227: Zero to 900 in 0.001 seconds

I'm only killing paper and my self-esteem.

Re: How to sell my guns?

I am not a re-loader, but what fire arms are you wanting to sell? I have recently fell into the 10 mm trap.
All of the re-loading equipment could be easily sold on E-bay or the likes.
Like sikacz said...Set up a PayPal account.
Never confuse knowledge with intelligence.

I always tell a buyer that they must pay with a Postal Money Order. If any hanky panky transpires on either side the Postal Service *will* intervene as someone is trying to commit fraud via the US Postal Service and this will be investigated the moment it is reported and the guilty party will be guilty of a Federal crime. Gives Peace of mind all all but those trying to cheat.

The way I do it I tell the buyer that the gun has been packed and will be shipped/documented by the local FFL to his designated FFL - I don't even have the gun, it is in the possession of the FFL and here's their number. When I get the Postal Money order I call the FFL and they ship it to the FFL the buyer designates and it's FFL to FFL after that. No muss - no fuss. Costs an extra $15 for the peace of mind.

That's how I do it.

VooDoo
Tyrants disarm the people they intend to oppress.

I am sworn to support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic.

What guns guns/equipment do you have for sale, please?
All religions united with government are more or less inimical to liberty. All, separated from government, are compatible with liberty.-Henry Clay
Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms.—Aristotle

Maybe try here: https://www.northwestfirearms.com/forum ... ifieds.19/

I've done about 30 transactions through a similar forum here in CA. Be wary of anyone without at least a handful of posts.

You could also consider armslist or gunbroker. I've never used armslist. I've only used gunbroker to unload some magazines that could no longer be sold in CA.

Not sure what the laws are in WA, but I personally would only do a face-to-face transaction through a licensed FFL.

"Person, woman, man, camera, TV."

My understanding of the rules and laws for selling handguns across state lines is that shipping must be done from a valid FFL to a valid FFL. I don't believe that UPS or Fedex will allow a private person to ship a handgun across state lines even if it is to a valid FFL. Call UPS or Fedex or ask a friendly FFL.

harriss wrote:My understanding of the rules and laws for selling handguns across state lines is that shipping must be done from a valid FFL to a valid FFL. I don't believe that UPS or Fedex will allow a private person to ship a handgun across state lines even if it is to a valid FFL. Call UPS or Fedex or ask a friendly FFL.
I’ve bought and sold through armslist and gunbroker, and decided selling and buying across state lines is a pain in the ass.

That said, laws vary by state and type of firearm, so do your research. I’ve never had to ship from an FFL here in Oregon but had to have firearms sent to an FFL to receive them.

Also USPS will not ship handguns but will accept rifles and shotguns. UPS and FedEx will accept both.

Start here, but definitely make sure you are doing it right. Felonies are no fun.

https://support.gunbroker.com/hc/en-us/ ... ping-Guide

Not good to use PayPal. If the buyer turns out to be a crook, you have little recourse because of Paypal's own regulations.

Postal Money Order in lieu of cash. Face to face is best but shipping a gun to their FFL out of state I've done once or twice. USPS will accept pistols from your FFL and is often still cheaper that UPS even with your FFL fees.

Really, easiest is to consign the guns in your LGS.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

Hiker wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 6:09 pm What guns guns/equipment do you have for sale, please?
Two Tanfoglio/EAA Witnesses: one base model steel DA/SA "Wonder Finish," one Hunter. If I don't decide to try local consignment for simplicity, I'll post them here soon when I get photos ready and decide exactly what I want to ask. Also need to poke through my various cubbies and find out how many projectiles I have left to offer with them.

Postal Money Order sounds like excellent advice.

To strangers: on consignment at the LGS
To people I know, often people here: I pack it up, when I get payment I ship. Some people I have ongoing relationships with get their stuff shipped before the check arrives. Usually with these people it's a race between my ability to get the thing boxed and shipped and the check arriving. Sometimes I win. Sometimes I don't. I don't cash a check until someone tells me they like a gun and plan to keep it.

I wussed out and put them on consignment at the LGS this morning. I'll probably end up short about $150 after their fees, but if I don't have to lift a finger, that's almost worth it.

Of course, I'm also short $400 for the scoped High Standard Sport King automatic and the K-frame target grips that I left with, but yesterday I barely resisted buying this
http://smith-wessonforum.com/guns-sale- ... l-box.html
instead, so that's a wash. The HS isn't as pretty or as corrosion resistant, but I "needed" a scoped handgun.

Marlene wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:26 am Communism would dismantle the system of incentives that drive spam bots, comrade. It is capitalism that fills our lives with spam. Workers of the world unite, you have nothing to lose but your spam!
From Nikita Kruschev’s autobiography: “Without Spam, we wouldn’t have been able to feed our army.”
They’re just returning the favor.
C46FDEF0-4188-41C0-94A0-26144BF2C995.jpeg
Russian spam cans I do like...
65556BB2-05ED-46B8-A8F0-734C459C74E6.jpeg
65556BB2-05ED-46B8-A8F0-734C459C74E6.jpeg (8.61 KiB) Viewed 3237 times

I guess it depends on the state you’re in to make sure you comply with its laws. Here in Texas, I sold one of mine through a local forum. We met face to face at a local gun range. I asked for DL and CHL. No FFL needed in TX for private sale, but I understand other states do require an FFL. If that’s the case, ask the buyer to meet you at the FFL’s place of business.