handgun and rifle magazine organization

What are your solutions for organizing your handgun and rifle magazines? I have a small plastic cabinet and the mags are stuffed in various drawers. I don't like it so I want to come up with something else. Or steal your ideas.

Revolver people, you stay out of this, ok? No bottom feeder jokes. :lol:
I don't like to think of my self as an artist so much as someone who stares at empty spaces and imagines s--t.

Re: handgun and rifle magazine organization

lurker wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:33 pm i line them up on a bookcase. vol 1, vol 2, vol 3...
note: women do not generally approve of this approach to home decor.
You are involved with the wrong kind of women. I like the idea.
All religions united with government are more or less inimical to liberty. All, separated from government, are compatible with liberty.-Henry Clay
Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms.—Aristotle

lurker wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:50 pm
Marlene wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:13 pm You must not have enough books
i have plenty of books, in fact i sometimes give away books ;) because i have so many. fortunately, i know how to build bookcases.
When you run out of wall space and start putting freestanding shelves in the middle of the room like a library, then you know you have a problem.
IMR4227: Zero to 900 in 0.001 seconds

I'm only killing paper and my self-esteem.

Buck13 wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:57 pm
i have plenty of books, in fact i sometimes give away books ;) because i have so many. fortunately, i know how to build bookcases.
When you run out of wall space and start putting freestanding shelves in the middle of the room like a library, then you know you have a problem.
But that’s where the reloading press is

speaking (writing) of reloading presses in the middle of the room, i've been toying with the idea of building a rectangular box, 2' wide x 2' deep x 3&1/2 feet tall, open on one side, with a shelf at 3' high, whole thing mounted on locking casters, press mounts on the shelf. 1/2" or 3/4 inch plywood, nice and sturdy, little racks and hooks all around to hold tool heads and such, bullets and brass go in the bottom to help keep the cg low. move it around where you want it, lock the wheels.
i'm retired. what's your excuse?

Marlene wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:15 pm That's a great idea. I suggest you double up the plywood on top, holding the two layers together with glue and screws. Rigidity is your friend in press mounting.

I'm less sure about the locking casters, as my experience is they swivel a little even when locked. Non-swiveling might be better, but then steering is a bit more effort.
Rockwell makes some cool retractable-type casters. Typical casters wobble way to much for stability, at least for wood working purposes.

Buck13 wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:57 pm
Uh-oh! We have at least a half-dozen or more temp closets. My sons and I have had to insist my wife not use OUR closets for her clothes...She's a tough cookie so I've had to say "Don't even THINK about using my closet!"
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."