Re: Getting through this moment

Well, just like any woman, your daughter simply didn’t factor in the building time for a house (or any building project). If she wanted this dollhouse for X-mas, she should have told you back in June. Don’t even try to finish this project by the end of the month. Santa and his entire cadre of elves in re-education camps couldn’t do it.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

All the best Dr B ! If it was me I'd take a nice trip to Vermont and buy one already made. And watch the guys there put them together, so I'd be ready for the next request. Of course I really suck as stuff like that, so I'd probably just buy two.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Getting through this moment

Thanks guys! This is an OCD boy’s dream. You can be as crazed as you want or cut a few corners. My estimate is that it will take about 35-40 hours. I’m aiming for perfection but my standards are adaptable.

Thanks for the concern, Bisbee, but she never expected it by Christmas. She was hoping it would be ready by March, an optimistic goal for vaccines to kick in and allow me to visit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CDFingers wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:13 pm
featureless wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:03 pm Do you have a miniature nail gun and imapct driver?
I hurt myself laffing at that.
Better than hurting yourself lapping... Bucolic.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

I've been a food glutton these holidays from prime rib roast, bacon/jalapeno wrapped colossal shrimp, lobster tails, not to mention cheese cakes, cookies and sundry sweets. Today is smoking an already store bought smoked ham (Frick's - my favorite hamster) or re-smoking a smoked ham. No sweet coatings to screw it up. Should be good to go within the hour.
"Being Republican is more than a difference of opinion - it's a character flaw." "COVID can fix STUPID!"
The greatest, most aggrieved mistake EVER made in USA was electing DJT as POTUS.

Bucolic wrote:Thanks for the encouragement, all. I am assembling tools, paint, glue, and patience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Update: The major construction is done. I still need to dye the roof shingles and shingle the roof, and finish the interior. We are musing over whether to paint the interior or get scale wallpaper. It’s been an OGC boy’s dream!