Re: Getting through this moment

lurker wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:05 pm yes i think so but not sure there's actually an up. you grow those? we occasionally buy them at the store, only to kill them within a couple of weeks.
Yellow should be toward the bottom of the flower.

Yup grew them, and they come back every year like clockwork. You know, Florida, where everything grows whether you want it to or not.

kronkmusic wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:03 pm Okay that's weird, in the post the photos are upside down but when I tap on them they turn rightside up. Is anyone else seeing that?
No. Upside down for me no matter what.
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

My son, out in Cali, signed us up for NetFlix....What a barren wasteland of almost NOTHING I want to waste time watching! Yuck! Far worse than Amazon Prime! I hope there's stuff HE likes as he "shelters in place."
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

YankeeTarheel wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:34 am My son, out in Cali, signed us up for NetFlix....What a barren wasteland of almost NOTHING I want to waste time watching! Yuck! Far worse than Amazon Prime! I hope there's stuff HE likes as he "shelters in place."
There's actually a ton of good backlogged stuff on Netflix, you just gotta go digging for it. Unfortunately Netflix got rid of their rating system after some dumbass comedian complained that nobody liked their unfunny jokes.

If you've never seen Breaking Bad I highly recommend it. Dexter was good too, and I'm pretty sure they have the entire Sopranos series on there.

CDFingers wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:17 am My wife totally dug Frankie and Grace on Netflix. Jane Fonda and Lily Tomlin have good chemistry.

CDFingers
I'll either like it, or, like 99% of "sit-coms" going back to "The Honeymooner" it will consist of putting someone in a really uncomfortable position that they make worse trying to get out of it--and those always made my flesh crawl. I always thought TV sit-com writers were the most uncreative bunch, recycling "jokes" and "situations" from their index card files (when they had such things).
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

YankeeTarheel wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:34 am My son, out in Cali, signed us up for NetFlix....What a barren wasteland of almost NOTHING I want to waste time watching! Yuck! Far worse than Amazon Prime! I hope there's stuff HE likes as he "shelters in place."
Until Netflix, Roku and Prime, I never knew just how many shit movies are made with famous stars that totally sucked and I never heard of before. Same goes for the no name star - terrible plots, poor acting, just sucky. It's like millions of Sharknado's popped out of Hollywood's ass. Few gems found. I do enjoy BritBox and on season one of Inspector Morse now.
"Being Republican is more than a difference of opinion - it's a character flaw." "COVID can fix STUPID!"
The greatest, most aggrieved mistake EVER made in USA was electing DJT as POTUS.

"The Expanse" on Amazon Prime would be my top recommendation for binge watching. If you like politics, the show has a really interesting conflict triangle between Earth, Mars and the "Belters" (underclass of Asteroid Belt miners formed over generations).

If you're into philosophy, "The Good Place" is well worth watching. Goofy, endearing, and at times, thought-provoking.

danhue wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:27 am "The Expanse" on Amazon Prime would be my top recommendation for binge watching. If you like politics, the show has a really interesting conflict triangle between Earth, Mars and the "Belters" (underclass of Asteroid Belt miners formed over generations).

If you're into philosophy, "The Good Place" is well worth watching. Goofy, endearing, and at times, thought-provoking.
Definitely gonna have to check out The Expanse, thanks for the heads up! Free for prime members?