Maybe I've been converted

For those of you who don't know, my cleaning habits are peculiar and fast-held. I might have just decided to switch preferred cleaning products. I just tried Wipe Out.

I mostly hate cleaning guns and I'm really good at not doing it. I literally won't clean a stainless revolver until there is enough bullet lube built up on the cylinder face to impede its movement. Of course I clean black powder stuff right away, and of course I am very attentive to rifle bores that shoot jacketed bullets (they don't leave a nice protective coat of lube). I just don't clean what I don't have to.

I also don't brush when I don't have to. I don't hesitate to brush pistol bores, but soft steel barrels older than my grandparents don't get brushed unless I really have no choice. That means I really like to let the solvents do the work. My usual routine is a patch of Ballistol, or Barricade, or something else (I have samples of things one can't buy), let it sit several minutes, and push a couple dry patches, repeat as needed. I add Sweet's to the routine when it's called for. So, you wouldn't be too surprised to hear that I was interested in a product that doesn't smell terrible, is popular with the precision rifle/F Class/benchrest crowds, and is something you spray in, let sit, and wipe out. Welp. I think it works. Gonna try on a couple more guns.

Re: Maybe I've been converted

I have been swayed towards Sage and Braker. cleaning guns is a hassle, that's why I like an all-in-one. That said, I don't have any older guns (well one M1 Garand from the CMP). All of my modern firearms do just great with a spray, a wipe down, bore snake and done.Oh, and the smell is pleasant.
Never confuse knowledge with intelligence.

Re: Maybe I've been converted

CDFingers wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:44 am Spray 'n Wipe. Sounds easy. What happens if you let it soak for the time it takes to drink a beer--my standard measurement? Does it evaporate? If so, I could drink a bit faster.
CDFingers
Sage and Braker was formulate for letting it sit for a spell or spray and wipe.
Never confuse knowledge with intelligence.