Bolt
Bolt Carrier
Charging handle
Gas block that matches your barrel size
gas tube that matches the barrel gas system
handguard
muzzle device or thread protector if you get a threaded barrel
if your handguard/upper didn't come with a barrel nut you need one of those

For tools you would need a vise and a vise block and an armorers wrench, some anti seize and if you want to be a perfectionist a torque wrench.

Re: Is this AR lower worth completing?

You'll also need a set of AR sized roll pin starters, a good set of AR sized steel punches (cheap brass ones bend), a punch hammer, and a good idea of what you're doing.

Seriously, just buy a completed upper of your choice and be done with it. If you're only going to do one it isn't worth it.

There's also a serious danger, if you're mechanically inclined, of becoming addicted to the process. I know, I bought the first in December 2012, modified it, and then built..well, more than one. I think I'm over it now.

I'm resisting the urge to further modify my 10-22...so far. Well, maybe a BX trigger. Maybe a Brimstone BX. But that's it, I swear... Oooh, a shiny! No, don't look, don't look!

I went through the same thing with PC's starting in 1985 and continuing to the present.

AR's, 10-22's, and PC's all share this risk. Just ask Bucolic about 10-22's...

"In every generation there are those who want to rule well - but they mean to rule. They promise to be good masters - but they mean to be masters." — Daniel Webster

Sweet ARs! I’m more of a vintage Klipsch fan myself though. Love me a nice pair of La Scalas.

I canceled my order for the barrel and misc parts after I had to go back and place 2 more orders. It came close to $600 for an upper I could buy complete for a lot less haha.

So, “cheaper than dirt” is a legit seller? Any other recommendations?

Thanks.

KiefRichards wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:29 pm Sweet ARs! I’m more of a vintage Klipsch fan myself though. Love me a nice pair of La Scalas.

I canceled my order for the barrel and misc parts after I had to go back and place 2 more orders. It came close to $600 for an upper I could buy complete for a lot less haha.

Thanks.
Cheaper Than Dirt is located in Texas. And you might have better luck there finding a prebuilt mid length upper. Also try Brownells. They are located in Iowa.
https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/

https://www.brownells.com/

KiefRichards wrote:So I ordered this and a 5.56 carrier group from aero.
Did I do ok? Haha.
I just want this to go the range with a few times a year and for home defense, which I sincerely hope never happens.
You did very well, Aero makes really solid stuff. One of my favorite manufacturers by far.

I never shop at Cheaper Than Dirt, they're the worst price gougers in the game.

kronkmusic wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:53 pm
KiefRichards wrote:So I ordered this and a 5.56 carrier group from aero.
Did I do ok? Haha.
I just want this to go the range with a few times a year and for home defense, which I sincerely hope never happens.
You did very well, Aero makes really solid stuff. One of my favorite manufacturers by far.

I never shop at Cheaper Than Dirt, they're the worst price gougers in the game.
Yes to all of this.

KiefRichards wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:29 pm Sweet ARs! I’m more of a vintage Klipsch fan myself though. Love me a nice pair of La Scalas.

Thanks.
I have a pair of AR 2As I restored, as well as Advents, Advent/1s, ESSs and surprisingly, a pair of Pioneer 4-ways I found ON THE STREET and completely restored. I've re-foamed a lot of woofers, and replaced damaged tweeters. Also have a fondness for Boston Acoustics (from the 90's) and I'm fond of the Canadian company: Axiom. I have a pair of B&W bookshelfs at our Bahamas house with a nice, middle-of-the-road Pioneer receiver. I like Pioneer electronics as they are insanely durable. I have one receiver that's 27 years old and, other than lacking more modern features, you'd swear was built yesterday.

Yeah, I know "THREAD HIJACK!!!!!!"
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

Do you realize if you put that upper on that lower in it's current configuration(s) you'll be committing felonies in CA? :shock:

There is a lot to learn and consider for CA. Get thee to Calguns.com with undue haste. They completely cover how to have a featureless AR in CA. There are a couple of ways to do it and they cover them all. Better with legal info, I dare say, than the CA DOJ.

Currently that 20 round mag you have? It's illegal to possess in CA. That's under litigation and you can't currently be charged for having it, but it is still on the books as being illegal to possess. As per Calguns, people aren't being hassled for them and even though they can be confiscated as a nuisance, there aren't reports of that being done either. Do you like boating? ;)

Calguns is a conservative site, go for the info, avoid the politics.

You'll be fine, just some homework to do. Good luck Mr Phelps. 8-)