Re: Storm Comin’

Bucolic wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:31 am
sig230 wrote:If it makes you feel any better it's only 8.3C outside right now down here at 6:52am CT. May barely make it to 21C today. Winter is here.
So glad you’re not suffering (you bastard)
It’s a bit cooler in Houston. Clear skies though. Projected to get to 12C. Not bad.
Last edited by sikacz on Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.
Attachments
CC7CCEEC-5A90-468F-BCF7-48C1AB9FC2C8.png

Bucolic wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:05 am Holy crap! That’s Celsius, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, LoL. I got used to in Finland. All our thermostats are set to C as well. It’s nice out.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

sig230 wrote:If it makes you feel any better it's only 8.3C outside right now down here at 6:52am CT. May barely make it to 21C today. Winter is here.
Well, sun's up now and temp up to 9.6C so may need to find some long pants when I go pick up prescriptions.
To be vintage it must be older than me!
The next gun I buy will be the next to last gun I ever buy. PROMISE!
jim

sig230 wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:51 am
Well, sun's up now and temp up to 9.6C so may need to find some long pants when I go pick up prescriptions.
I'm long past my buzz cutting of hair and beard - I almost squandered what vanity I have left yesterday and near made a trip to Wally for prescription dressed so badly I'd probably made one of the Wally World shopper photo displays - but I decided to wait until today and not be a spectacle. It was a close call, but I had one pill left, thankfully for me and others. :D

My patio at 44F 71% RH, Expected to hit high 60's by noon with plenty of sunshine, although rain is forecast later and into tomorrow. Need to mulch front yard but tree still has a couple of leaves and I'll wait until they fall.

We've not any substantial snow since 1985.
"Being Republican is more than a difference of opinion - it's a character flaw." "COVID can fix STUPID!"
The greatest, most aggrieved mistake EVER made in USA was electing DJT as POTUS.

We expected up to 18" and got about 8 or 9". But it was pretty cold, down in the '20's. I fucked up and didn't run my snowblower dry last spring and am fighting a clogged fuel system. And just when you need it, it's damned cold pulling it apart! So I used an electric power shovel...and a shovel.
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

sig230 wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:02 am Waited until 9:45am to go get prescriptions so didn't need long pants.
I don’t go anywhere without long pants anymore. Either jeans or other, but long always. The sight of my legs are not anything to show in public anymore. When I was in my twenties and athletic, perhaps, not anymore. LoL.

sikacz wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:51 am
sig230 wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:02 am Waited until 9:45am to go get prescriptions so didn't need long pants.
I don’t go anywhere without long pants anymore. Either jeans or other, but long always. The sight of my legs are not anything to show in public anymore. When I was in my twenties and athletic, perhaps, not anymore. LoL.
I consider that part of my concealment strategy. Either folk concentrate on how ugly my legs are or are so offended they turn away; in either case they are not looking at the gun on my hip.
To be vintage it must be older than me!
The next gun I buy will be the next to last gun I ever buy. PROMISE!
jim

sig230 wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:28 pm
sikacz wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:51 am
I consider that part of my concealment strategy. Either folk concentrate on how ugly my legs are or are so offended they turn away; in either case they are not looking at the gun on my hip.
:roflmao: