Bullseye Match #19 Opens Today, Closes August 12

The place to find LGC Postal Matches, our own Bullseye Club, and ongoing conversations about marksmanship, practice, and safety.

Moderators: admin, Inquisitor, Bucolic, Paco, ForumModerator, Marksman Mods

Message
Author
User avatar
Bucolic
Verified Member
Verified Member
Posts: 7643
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 5:51 am
Location: Southern PA.
Contact:

Bullseye Match #19 Opens Today, Closes August 12

#1 Post by Bucolic » Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:44 pm

Summer is here and so is the LGC Bullseye Match #19. I am. I am officially opening it today, June 17. It will close on August 12th, eight weeks from today. This is a longer match than the previous one and the latest one-hand match but, due to reduced participation in those matches, I decided to lengthen it by two weeks. I will announce the fourth one-hand match in about a month.

We have a number of new members in the forum. For their information, these matches have been going on for several years and are open to all, regardless of skill level. There are no prizes other than discrete bragging rights. These matches are informal and can be both fun and can help with training. A link to the rules for the matches can be found below. Please note that the email address for submitting scores was changed in early 2019 so, if you did not shoot match 18, you should be sure you are submitting scores to the correct place. See the rules document for the new address.
The LGC Bullseye Club Rules.pdf
(159.64 KiB) Downloaded 38 times
While the choice of targets within the constraints laid out in the rules is up to you, and many options are available, we have crafted some custom targets for use in these matches. Note that they are NOT official NRA targets and they should NOT be used in NRA-sanctioned events. Regardless of the targets you use, if you are printing downloaded targets, please make sure that they conform to the target norms. How do you know if the target conforms? Measure the diameters of the 4-ring on the B3 style target and the 6-ring on the B2 style target. They should measure approximately 7.3 and 8.3 inches, respectively. If they do not, check to see if your printer is scaling the PDFs before printing them. Also note that the 6 ring on the B3 style LGC targets may be slightly truncated on the right and left margins, depending on your printer. Judge for yourself if you think this is acceptable. PDFs of the targets follow below.
BBB_red_bull.pdf
(95.13 KiB) Downloaded 25 times
BBB_green_red_bull.pdf
(97.98 KiB) Downloaded 27 times
BBB_black.pdf
(94.09 KiB) Downloaded 24 times
BB_red_bull.pdf
(94.8 KiB) Downloaded 25 times
BB_green_red_bull.pdf
(98.58 KiB) Downloaded 25 times
BB_black.pdf
(94.74 KiB) Downloaded 26 times
As always, post any comments or questions. Most importantly though, GET OUT AND SHOOT THESE MATCHES. They are great fun and will help to sharpen your skills.

Your humble servant,
Bucolic
Neverthless, she persisted.

Image

User avatar
SailDesign
Verified Member
Verified Member
Posts: 4285
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:38 am
Location: Rhode Island
Contact:

Re: Bullseye Match #19 Opens Today, Closes August 12

#2 Post by SailDesign » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:17 pm

Hurrah!! I will try to get to this. Medical crud stopped me from doing a last-minute Even-Handed run, but I should be OK here...

Thanks, as ever, Buc!
"We have met the enemy and he is us." Pogo.

ImageImageImage

User avatar
CDFingers
Verified Member
Verified Member
Posts: 18969
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:09 pm
Location: Member LGC: norCal
Contact:

Re: Bullseye Match #19 Opens Today, Closes August 12

#3 Post by CDFingers » Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:09 pm

Like sand through an hour glass, so are the days of our lives. Also looking for time for shooting.

CDFingers
ImageImage
We used to play for silver, now we play for life.
One's for sport and one's for blood at the point of a knife.

User avatar
Bucolic
Verified Member
Verified Member
Posts: 7643
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 5:51 am
Location: Southern PA.
Contact:

Bullseye Match #19 Opens Today, Closes August 12

#4 Post by Bucolic » Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:27 am

I understand how the rigors and vicissitudes of life cut into one’s time at the range. I did manage to sneak out and shoot the bullseye match yesterday and put 50 rounds through my new Henry rifle. It was a good day.
Neverthless, she persisted.

Image

User avatar
Merle
Been around awhile
Posts: 468
Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:21 pm
Location: Mercer County, PA
Contact:

Re: Bullseye Match #19 Opens Today, Closes August 12

#5 Post by Merle » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:12 pm

Glad to see this open!
I'd try the new color targets, but I have already printed a crap load of black & white.
I expect they would help my tired eyes. Oh well

:beer2:
Merle from PA


ImageImage

User avatar
MaxWyatt
Verified Member
Verified Member
Posts: 742
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:05 pm
Location: Willamette Valley
Contact:

Re: Bullseye Match #19 Opens Today, Closes August 12

#6 Post by MaxWyatt » Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:34 pm

I practiced the other day. Need more practice. Practice is fun. A buddy of mine just picked up an old Marlin 22. We're going to the range tomorrow and I'm going to practice at 50 yards with the Marks. It should be 'interesting'. :whistle: Maybe I'll slap a scope on the short one. 8-)
Image

User avatar
Merle
Been around awhile
Posts: 468
Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:21 pm
Location: Mercer County, PA
Contact:

Re: Bullseye Match #19 Opens Today, Closes August 12

#7 Post by Merle » Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:37 pm

Interesting, as in the old Chinese curse "may you live in interesting times" ??? :roflmao:
Merle from PA


ImageImage

User avatar
Buck13
Verified Member
Verified Member
Posts: 3248
Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 11:21 pm
Location: Puget Sound Convergence Zone
Contact:

Re: Bullseye Match #19 Opens Today, Closes August 12

#8 Post by Buck13 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:00 pm

Merle wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:12 pm
Glad to see this open!
I'd try the new color targets, but I have already printed a crap load of black & white.
I expect they would help my tired eyes. Oh well

:beer2:
Look in the garbage at the range for a discarded backing sheet from a Shoot-n-See target? Might find a colored center-spot paster.
IMR4227: Zero to 900 in 0.001 seconds

I'm only killing paper and my self-esteem.

ImageImage

User avatar
Merle
Been around awhile
Posts: 468
Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:21 pm
Location: Mercer County, PA
Contact:

Re: Bullseye Match #19 Opens Today, Closes August 12

#9 Post by Merle » Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:05 pm

Buck13 wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:00 pm
Merle wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:12 pm
Glad to see this open!
I'd try the new color targets, but I have already printed a crap load of black & white.
I expect they would help my tired eyes. Oh well

:beer2:
Look in the garbage at the range for a discarded backing sheet from a Shoot-n-See target? Might find a colored center-spot paster.

worth a try - thanks! :thumbup:
Merle from PA


ImageImage

User avatar
Pomme
Been around awhile
Posts: 192
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:05 pm
Contact:

Re: Bullseye Match #19 Opens Today, Closes August 12

#10 Post by Pomme » Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:49 pm

I am interested in trying this. The rapid fire part is easy (doesn't mean I can score high but I can shoot fast :lol: ). But the 10 minutes part is another story. I am assuming it's 10 minutes max to shoot 10 rounds but is there a minimum required? Or is it okay to shoot in 3? I'm not sure if I could slow down to 4 minutes.

User avatar
Bucolic
Verified Member
Verified Member
Posts: 7643
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 5:51 am
Location: Southern PA.
Contact:

Re: Bullseye Match #19 Opens Today, Closes August 12

#11 Post by Bucolic » Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:20 pm

10 minutes maximum. Give it a try!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Neverthless, she persisted.

Image

User avatar
CDFingers
Verified Member
Verified Member
Posts: 18969
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:09 pm
Location: Member LGC: norCal
Contact:

Re: Bullseye Match #19 Opens Today, Closes August 12

#12 Post by CDFingers » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:30 pm

Sweet! I was able to get out and shoot this match today. I must confess that I'm not givin' y'all a very significant run for your money. Just wait'll next time. (And your little dog, too!) ;)

I shot one-handed again. I shot 60's in both slow and timed, but whiffed big time in the rapid fire. First shot was good, though. He he. I'm sure I'd be a big threat if I shot more than I do, but I don't, so I'm not--for the time being I have many fish to fry, as it were. Still, I love shooting these matches even if it's the only 30 rounds I shoot that month.

As it so happens, I was able to carve out a big 90 minutes, so I shot some .22's out my MKII for funzies but did not post scores. I did a few plinks and an ammo test with ten rounds of GECO .45 from Germany (review down in hand gun ammo) with my Springer 1911, then I shot the match with store-bought American Eagle. All in all about 40 rimfires and fifty .45's. A good time was had nonetheless.

Shooting stuff remains fun.

CDFingers
ImageImage
We used to play for silver, now we play for life.
One's for sport and one's for blood at the point of a knife.

User avatar
Merle
Been around awhile
Posts: 468
Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:21 pm
Location: Mercer County, PA
Contact:

Re: Bullseye Match #19 Opens Today, Closes August 12

#13 Post by Merle » Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:04 pm

went out Thursday & shot rimfire irons, mediocre with revolver

first time I had shot since April, when my wife Dolores got sick
she passed away the end of May, and this was the first time I felt up to going out
Merle from PA


ImageImage

User avatar
MaxWyatt
Verified Member
Verified Member
Posts: 742
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:05 pm
Location: Willamette Valley
Contact:

Re: Bullseye Match #19 Opens Today, Closes August 12

#14 Post by MaxWyatt » Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:14 pm

Merle wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:04 pm
went out Thursday & shot rimfire irons, mediocre with revolver

first time I had shot since April, when my wife Dolores got sick
she passed away the end of May, and this was the first time I felt up to going out
Hey Merle, I'm glad you got out to the range. I can't imagine how hard it would be to lose your spouse. I'm sorry.

I shot rimfire on Friday and shot below my expectations. Warm up with the 9mm wasn't stellar either, so I decided to keep it a practice session and go again next week. I have tendonitis in my wrist and I'm going to use it as an excuse for shoddy marksmanship. ;) I also put a scope on my MKIII and dialed in at 25 yds a few weeks ago. Tried to shoot bullseye with it, but it's just too damn heavy. Used the MKii 10" stockless mini carbine instead.
Image

User avatar
Merle
Been around awhile
Posts: 468
Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:21 pm
Location: Mercer County, PA
Contact:

Re: Bullseye Match #19 Opens Today, Closes August 12

#15 Post by Merle » Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:17 pm

MaxWyatt wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:14 pm
Merle wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:04 pm
went out Thursday & shot rimfire irons, mediocre with revolver

first time I had shot since April, when my wife Dolores got sick
she passed away the end of May, and this was the first time I felt up to going out
Hey Merle, I'm glad you got out to the range. I can't imagine how hard it would be to lose your spouse. I'm sorry.

I shot rimfire on Friday and shot below my expectations. Warm up with the 9mm wasn't stellar either, so I decided to keep it a practice session and go again next week. I have tendonitis in my wrist and I'm going to use it as an excuse for shoddy marksmanship. ;) I also put a scope on my MKIII and dialed in at 25 yds a few weeks ago. Tried to shoot bullseye with it, but it's just too damn heavy. Used the MKii 10" stockless mini carbine instead.

thank you. I'm hoping it will be good therapy.....
Merle from PA


ImageImage

User avatar
Buck13
Verified Member
Verified Member
Posts: 3248
Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 11:21 pm
Location: Puget Sound Convergence Zone
Contact:

Re: Bullseye Match #19 Opens Today, Closes August 12

#16 Post by Buck13 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:11 pm

Merle wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:04 pm
went out Thursday & shot rimfire irons, mediocre with revolver

first time I had shot since April, when my wife Dolores got sick
she passed away the end of May, and this was the first time I felt up to going out
Hang in there. That's a tough thing to move past.

My condolences,
Buck
IMR4227: Zero to 900 in 0.001 seconds

I'm only killing paper and my self-esteem.

ImageImage

User avatar
Merle
Been around awhile
Posts: 468
Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:21 pm
Location: Mercer County, PA
Contact:

Re: Bullseye Match #19 Opens Today, Closes August 12

#17 Post by Merle » Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:17 pm

Buck13 wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:11 pm
Merle wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:04 pm
went out Thursday & shot rimfire irons, mediocre with revolver

first time I had shot since April, when my wife Dolores got sick
she passed away the end of May, and this was the first time I felt up to going out
Hang in there. That's a tough thing to move past.

My condolences,
Buck

thank you
Merle from PA


ImageImage

User avatar
Bucolic
Verified Member
Verified Member
Posts: 7643
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 5:51 am
Location: Southern PA.
Contact:

Re: Bullseye Match #19 Opens Today, Closes August 12

#18 Post by Bucolic » Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:22 pm

Sending my condolences, Merle.

Bucolic
Neverthless, she persisted.

Image

User avatar
Merle
Been around awhile
Posts: 468
Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:21 pm
Location: Mercer County, PA
Contact:

Re: Bullseye Match #19 Opens Today, Closes August 12

#19 Post by Merle » Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:05 pm

Bucolic wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:22 pm
Sending my condolences, Merle.

Bucolic

thank you
Merle from PA


ImageImage

User avatar
Bacchus
Verified Member
Verified Member
Posts: 3216
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:06 pm
Location: Corvallis,Oregon (LGC Member)
Contact:

Re: Bullseye Match #19 Opens Today, Closes August 12

#20 Post by Bacchus » Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:09 am

Merle wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:04 pm
went out Thursday & shot rimfire irons, mediocre with revolver

first time I had shot since April, when my wife Dolores got sick
she passed away the end of May, and this was the first time I felt up to going out
I'm glad to hear that you are getting out and about; it is so difficult to get back to doing regular things when you lose someone so close to you. Deepest condolences and sympathy.
"I am not a number, I am a free man!" - Number Six

Image
ImageImage

User avatar
Merle
Been around awhile
Posts: 468
Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:21 pm
Location: Mercer County, PA
Contact:

Re: Bullseye Match #19 Opens Today, Closes August 12

#21 Post by Merle » Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:15 am

Bacchus wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:09 am
Merle wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:04 pm
went out Thursday & shot rimfire irons, mediocre with revolver

first time I had shot since April, when my wife Dolores got sick
she passed away the end of May, and this was the first time I felt up to going out
I'm glad to hear that you are getting out and about; it is so difficult to get back to doing regular things when you lose someone so close to you. Deepest condolences and sympathy.

thank you, the worst part is when I start to call and tell her about something interesting I just saw..... :cry:
Merle from PA


ImageImage

User avatar
CDFingers
Verified Member
Verified Member
Posts: 18969
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:09 pm
Location: Member LGC: norCal
Contact:

Re: Bullseye Match #19 Opens Today, Closes August 12

#22 Post by CDFingers » Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:45 am

I can't imagine what that's like, Merle.

I hope to shoot rim fire tonight and post.

CDFingers
ImageImage
We used to play for silver, now we play for life.
One's for sport and one's for blood at the point of a knife.

User avatar
Merle
Been around awhile
Posts: 468
Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:21 pm
Location: Mercer County, PA
Contact:

Re: Bullseye Match #19 Opens Today, Closes August 12

#23 Post by Merle » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:26 am

CDFingers wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:45 am
I can't imagine what that's like, Merle.

I hope to shoot rim fire tonight and post.

CDFingers

thank you.
it's probably better if you don't imagine.
Merle from PA


ImageImage

User avatar
MaxWyatt
Verified Member
Verified Member
Posts: 742
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:05 pm
Location: Willamette Valley
Contact:

Re: Bullseye Match #19 Opens Today, Closes August 12

#24 Post by MaxWyatt » Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:07 pm

I'll should be able to shoot the center-fire part of the match this Sunday. I'll get the results sent in immediately afterwards. Hows participation looking?
Image

User avatar
Bacchus
Verified Member
Verified Member
Posts: 3216
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:06 pm
Location: Corvallis,Oregon (LGC Member)
Contact:

Re: Bullseye Match #19 Opens Today, Closes August 12

#25 Post by Bacchus » Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:10 pm

Merle wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:15 am
Bacchus wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:09 am
Merle wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:04 pm
went out Thursday & shot rimfire irons, mediocre with revolver

first time I had shot since April, when my wife Dolores got sick
she passed away the end of May, and this was the first time I felt up to going out
I'm glad to hear that you are getting out and about; it is so difficult to get back to doing regular things when you lose someone so close to you. Deepest condolences and sympathy.

thank you, the worst part is when I start to call and tell her about something interesting I just saw..... :cry:
:love: :love: :love: That I completely understand and speaks volumes about your connection with your life partner. Hang in there. And don't stop sharing with her.
"I am not a number, I am a free man!" - Number Six

Image
ImageImage

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest