LGC BULLSEYE CLUB MATCH #24

Let's do it again. We'll make this one short, to finish up the summer.

Shooting starts now. Closes at midnight your time on Labor Day, Monday, September 6.

Good turnout last time. Same rules as last time. Just two categories--rimfire and centerfire. Use glass or open irons as you wish.

Like last time, you can do 3 full courses (a course has 1 each of slow, timed, and rapid). You've gotta decide if a course is official BEFORE you shoot--pinky promise and all that. Then, send in your best single course. No mixing and matching from different courses.

I had some LGC engraved trinkets to give away last time. I don't have anything in mind this time. There will definitely be bragging rights. And I'll probably come up with some token something or other to mail the winners.

Here are the rules.

LGC Bullseye Club Rules July 26 2020.pdf
(310.29 KiB) Downloaded 259 times

Here are the targets. They are not NRA targets. They are B2-style and B3-style that have same dimensions as NRA targets and you can use them for this but not NRA matches. (Or you can buy NRA B2 and B3 targets.)

BB_black.pdf
(94.74 KiB) Downloaded 191 times
BBB_black.pdf
(94.09 KiB) Downloaded 183 times
Have fun. Be safe. Maybe reach out to a member near you and shoot this together. Or invite a non-member to join you.

Re: LGC BULLSEYE CLUB MATCH #24

I've been using the Bullseye Match app for practice and a postal league and I highly recommend it.
I have it on my iPad and connect a cable to my electro-ears. Provides the call script audio, timers for each course of fire, a great scoring calculator and ability to take watermarked pics. The timing for the 300 point National Match Course is different from the LGC rules but it should be pretty easy to mentally add a few seconds to your timed/rapid strings.

cooper wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:46 pm Let's do it again. We'll make this one short, to finish up the summer.

Shooting starts now. Closes at midnight your time on Labor Day, Monday, September 6.

Good turnout last time. Same rules as last time. Just two categories--rimfire and centerfire. Use glass or open irons as you wish.

Like last time, you can do 3 full courses (a course has 1 each of slow, timed, and rapid). You've gotta decide if a course is official BEFORE you shoot--pinky promise and all that. Then, send in your best single course. No mixing and matching from different courses.

I had some LGC engraved trinkets to give away last time. I don't have anything in mind this time. There will definitely be bragging rights. And I'll probably come up with some token something or other to mail the winners.

Here are the rules.

LGC Bullseye Club Rules July 26 2020.pdf

Here are the targets. They are not NRA targets. They are B2-style and B3-style that have same dimensions as NRA targets and you can use them for this but not NRA matches. (Or you can buy NRA B2 and B3 targets.)

BB_black.pdf
BBB_black.pdf

Have fun. Be safe. Maybe reach out to a member near you and shoot this together. Or invite a non-member to join you.
Bump...

cooper wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:52 pm I've noticed people like pictures of guns here. Me too. Maybe post a picture of your Bullseye gun(s).
Okay. I'll start. (I'm not entering the Bullseye, of course, but love posting pictures of this beautifully simple machine.)
RugerBlackHawk_357mag.jpg
Ruger Blackhawk, 357mag, 6.5" barrel.

Super Blackhawk hammer just arrived--will install soon.

cooper wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:46 pm Let's do it again. We'll make this one short, to finish up the summer.

Cool. Maybe I'll join in this time.

Btw, I just edited your post to be an announcement, and I changed all the prior matches from "sticky" to normal posts. That way it's easy for a newb to hit the forum and always see the latest match details on the top of the forum. Would be great if you could edit them when the matches end to change back to "normal" and when a new match match starts, make sure it's set to sticky.

Nope - revolvers get to prove their superiority the old fashioned way. :D

The rules are posted in the pdf linked in the first post on the thread. Separate divisions for rimfire vs. centerfire, so pick the more accurate of your .38 vs. 45. I only get around to submitting scores for one because reasons, but I think you can try your hand at both.

bihammond wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:15 pm I've been using the Bullseye Match app for practice and a postal league and I highly recommend it.
I have it on my iPad and connect a cable to my electro-ears. Provides the call script audio, timers for each course of fire, a great scoring calculator and ability to take watermarked pics. The timing for the 300 point National Match Course is different from the LGC rules but it should be pretty easy to mentally add a few seconds to your timed/rapid strings.
Or you could just shoot the actual Bullseye Match, that's what I did.
I really didn't want to use the timing from the LGC rules to avoid throwing me off for actual league matches.

bihammond wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 9:00 am
DPelletier wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:26 am Or you could just shoot the actual Bullseye Match, that's what I did.
I really didn't want to use the timing from the LGC rules to avoid throwing me off for actual league matches.
That's what I do, too. I did just realize that the LGC scoring gives out 11s for Xs so, bonus points.
I did do the scoring as per LGC on the LGC sheet.