Re: 2nd MAD MINUTE Coming Up

Marlene wrote:I think any manual repeater could be allowed in the single-load class, as long as you don't use the magazine.
i agree, Marlene, and I've already added a pretty inclusive single-load class (exactly as you describe it) to the match rules.

I've delayed posting the directions because the weather in so many areas of the country is still lousy. I intend to post the match next week.
When you side with a man, you stay with him -- Pike Bishop

I have been "practicing" with my 1885 winchester but have encountered a PITA problem. Sometimes empty 22lr brass drops down inside the receiver. Which means taking the gun completely apart to remove it.

It falls behind the block and down inside the lever and trigger area.

So if Sail Design or Marlene, or other 1885 owners have an idea on preventing this ?

Dont matter if I eject fast or slow, sometimes they just dont pop all the way free of the gun, and I either have to reach in and remove it , or it falls inside the gun. This really slows down a mad minute.
Which by the way, I have up to a whole 10 rounds a minute now. Excluding brass drop ins. Lol

Sent from my LGLS770 using Tapatalk
This is just my opinion, yours may vary and is no less valid.
- Me -

"I will never claim to be an expert, and it has been my experience that self proclaimed experts are usually self proclaimed."
-Me-

I must proof read more

dandad wrote:I have been "practicing" with my 1885 winchester but have encountered a PITA problem. Sometimes empty 22lr brass drops down inside the receiver. Which means taking the gun completely apart to remove it.

So if Sail Design or Marlene, or other 1885 owners have an idea on preventing this ?

Dont matter if I eject fast or slow, sometimes they just dont pop all the way free of the gun, and I either have to reach in and remove it , or it falls inside the gun. This really slows down a mad minute.
Which by the way, I have up to a whole 10 rounds a minute now. Excluding brass drop ins. Lol

Can't help you there, I'm afraid. Of course, now MINE will start doing that.... :)

Send no cooties!!
"We have met the enemy and he is us." Pogo.

Marlene wrote:tip the gun to the side while ejecting?
That migt work. But I think I know why they went to low walls. Lol

This is just my opinion, yours may vary and is no less valid.
- Me -

"I will never claim to be an expert, and it has been my experience that self proclaimed experts are usually self proclaimed."
-Me-

I must proof read more

dandad wrote:I have been "practicing" with my 1885 winchester but have encountered a PITA problem. Sometimes empty 22lr brass drops down inside the receiver. Which means taking the gun completely apart to remove it.

Went to the range on Sunday to try this out... I had one case that didn't get tossed clear, and was able to get off 10 shots in 50 seconds I had no timer beyond my watch, so I started it, shot 10, then stopped it to check. One of the RSO's said he'd be timer when I actually shoot the beast, so that'll help. I refuse to take time out of my madness to check between shots. :)

So - I'm hoping for a clean 12 or 13 in a minute this way. Things like ammo placement really matter here, and keeping the position while loading. I was working at 25 yards, so cut the paper in half and put a spot in the middle for a POA. All shots on the paper.

This could be the most relaxed mad minute ever. :)
"We have met the enemy and he is us." Pogo.

HuckleberryFun wrote:Has Postal Match 16: Second Mad Minute started yet?
I don't want to be the kid who doesn't know there's a test today...
I'm going to the range in a while and need to know if I should pack the 10/22.
Not yet. It will probably start this coming week -- after everyone is done with taxes. You'll see the announcement near the top of the competition forum.
When you side with a man, you stay with him -- Pike Bishop