Re: LGC BULLSEYE MATCH 10 UNDERWAY

I'll be attempting a practice run at this before posting, but time's getting short. Max, you up for some practice later in the week? If the hand is feeling steady enough, maybe I'll shoot for score before the actual deadline. ;)

10 Bullseye matches! :w00t: That's a good milestone. How do I send Paco a bottle of bubbly or something? :) That's a lot to keep up with over time; Paco, thank you for keeping these going!
"I am not a number, I am a free man!" - Number Six

Bacchus wrote:I'll be attempting a practice run at this before posting, but time's getting short. Max, you up for some practice later in the week? If the hand is feeling steady enough, maybe I'll shoot for score before the actual deadline. ;)

10 Bullseye matches! :w00t: That's a good milestone. How do I send Paco a bottle of bubbly or something? :) That's a lot to keep up with over time; Paco, thank you for keeping these going!
You're very welcome. Thank you for the kind words.
When you side with a man, you stay with him -- Pike Bishop

Paco is the awesomest!

Barring any setup issues like not being able to set up/zero the sights, I should be able to shoot this match right on the wire with my new Buckmark! Whee!
:clap: :clap: :clap:
My first try at something so far away. Score will be - interesting - at any rate... :blind: :rant: :wtf:
-Kat
Illinois Chapter President
LGC Certified Instructor, Intro to Pistol and Range Safety

MaxWyatt wrote:
Bacchus wrote:The match is shot! :yahoo:

Two Oregon LGCers shot Bullseye 10 Sunday am. Scores to be submitted shortly. :)
I submitted mine this morning 8-) I even submitted the center fire entry, since you put me up to it. :whistle: And thanks for having me out to the range, I appreciate the facility and the camaraderie.
Go easy on him, Paco; I was distracting him. :)

Bacchus wrote:
MaxWyatt wrote:
Bacchus wrote:The match is shot! :yahoo:

Two Oregon LGCers shot Bullseye 10 Sunday am. Scores to be submitted shortly. :)
I submitted mine this morning 8-) I even submitted the center fire entry, since you put me up to it. :whistle: And thanks for having me out to the range, I appreciate the facility and the camaraderie.
Go easy on him, Paco; I was distracting him. :)
I'll take that excuse! Seriously though, it made me realize that I really need to practice at longer distances with the 9e. What's easy at 21 or 30ft, became difficult at 45ft.

MaxWyatt wrote:I'll take that excuse! Seriously though, it made me realize that I really need to practice at longer distances with the 9e. What's easy at 21 or 30ft, became difficult at 45ft.
I use the reward system for practice. I practice out at 25 or 15 yards (no paper bigger then 11x11 even if some don't hit it) and get used to the distance, then the last target before going home is at 7 or 10 yards so that I see a nice tight (comparatively) group which I then remember as "how I shot last time" so I am more determined to reproduce that at 15 yards next time....

Yes, I can fool myself THAT easily. :)
"We have met the enemy and he is us." Pogo.

SeaDragonTattoo wrote:Score submitted. Not great, but I'm happy with it for a first try.
I had fun and will now start practicing that distance since I have a gun to do it with!
Don't quit. Not winning becomes easier and easier. :laugh:

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

These competitions are designed to give you an excuse to shoot. Don't worry about where you place, practice, learn, improve your technique!

There are lots of targets out there that are begging to be perforated!

Do your part in the effort! Shoot more targets!
If you want to be a leader, lead from the front, and don't look back.

sturner wrote:These competitions are designed to give you an excuse to shoot. Don't worry about where you place, practice, learn, improve your technique!

There are lots of targets out there that are begging to be perforated!

Do your part in the effort! Shoot more targets!
Exactly this.

It's an excuse this shooter greatly appreciates. It's fun, it's relaxing, and around these parts paper plates have really become a problem with the absence of their natural enemy, the outdoor picnic, these past 7 months. :)