MAD MINUTE UPDATE

Here's the deal. The Mad Minute announcement drew more than 900 views. The match duration was long, two-plus months.

The deadline is this coming Monday. So far there have been three entries.

Just in case there's been some misunderstanding, I'm going to add one week to the match. But here's the catch: If we don't receive at least 10 more entries by the original deadline, I'm going to declare the first three entrants as winners and cancel the extension.

There is nothing punitive about this. I'm not angry. No one is obligated to enter a postal match. They're run simply for fun. If they're not fun or interesting or worthwhile now, so be it. I set 'em up, so if they're a bore, that's my fault.

The only problem for me is that running them involves work, and if they're no longer popular, let's just blow that pop stand for a while.

BTW: I blame Trump. He's sucked the joy out of the American marrow.
    When you side with a man, you stay with him -- Pike Bishop

Re: MAD MINUTE UPDATE

I was planning to go tomorrow to do it since the part of the range which allows for rapid fire at the distance specified is reserved for an event. Might I convince you to expand your cut-off from 3 to 4 entrants? Something about coming in 4th place runner-up out of 4 appeals to my nature. Yes, I need therapy.

HuckleberryFun wrote:I was planning to go tomorrow to do it since the part of the range which allows for rapid fire at the distance specified is reserved for an event. Might I convince you to expand your cut-off from 3 to 4 entrants? Something about coming in 4th place runner-up out of 4 appeals to my nature. Yes, I need therapy.
    You're my huckleberry! Four it is.

sturner wrote:I will try to get in this week as well. life has interceded this week, grrrr.

Have to decide between my M39 Finn, Mauser, or the 1903.
    I don't want anyone to go out of their way to shoot this match. It began in May. If you haven't shot it by now, let's face facts: you weren't interested enough to do it.

That's fine with me. As I wrote above, the thing was set up entirely for enjoyment. No joy, no go. And we all know the whole thing is of little matter.

So let's just blow it off and take a break.

The Bullseye Club, whose members take it seriously, will, of course, continue as usual.

Paco

Paco,

I was hoping to do this with my only non-bipod-ed rifle, the 1885, but... I did a trial run, and finished up with lead shavings from feeding just off the chamber, and one seriously squished boolit that I didn't fully seat so the block rose into the rim.. The chance of a rimfire going "pop" when not chambered put me off the process, sadly.

:sorry:
    "We have met the enemy and he is us." Pogo.