Re: Period based 3 gun competition. Yes, No, Why, Why not?

WinterbornArms wrote:The thought of dropping the shotgun out of any competition is blasphemy, shotguns don't get the respect they deserve, why no love for the street howitzer?

And I love the Trumptopia themed 3 gun, (just please not a 22) the beating instrument as well just sounds awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'd hope to have all 4 for apocalypse, but yeah, shotgun. Including one cut-shell make/load/shoot. Or is that too much? Just spitballing here!

Btw, really like OP idea. 3 gun is a prime (and obviously underutilized) historical shooting format. I'd love to own some of the guns, clothing, and accessories for something other than modern or western 3-gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SpaceRanger42 wrote:I would love to see a Pirate Practical Shooting Match. :)
Carry a brace of pistols, a long gun and either a cutlass or boarding ax. Different divisions for flintlock and cap weapons. . . . the reloads could make a day match REALLY long.
You'll need to throw in a swivel cannon and rope swing in there for good measure. The real question is, would there be a "Parrot" Division?
LGC Texas - Vice President

Cowboy Action Shooting is fun, the primary caveat being you will be around older, conservative gun culture. Read as "un-woke". Their motto is come for the shooting, stay for the people. I met a few very nice people in person. The online community was casually racist, sexist, largely made up of Turnip supporters. After being called a lib-tard and a snowflake too often I figured it was not the crowd for me since the whole "lets leave politics at the door and just enjoy shooting" policy was obviously hypocritical bullshit. Your opinion was fine so long as it was the same as theirs. Apparently there was a movement to try cowboy shooting with 3 Gun style rules and that looked like a lot of fun. More movement, younger crowd but it never really took off. Most SASS events have a Wild Bunch core too. 1911s, are really the only difference. Also look up Zoot Shooters, 1920's era weapons and costumes.
Never smile too big, the gods may mistake it for hubris.